Should I upgrade?

Si

Running 5.1.5 - should I upgrade to 5.2.3 ?

Also, if I was to upgrade.....what's the roadmap? Can I just upgrade to 5.2.3 incremental from 5.1.5 or do I need to take it step by step

5.1.5 > 5.2.1

5.2.1 > 5.2.2 > 5.2.3 ?

WHMCS v5.2.3 is a maintenance update for the v5.2.x release series. Below are the available downloads:

* WHMCS V5.2.3 Stable Release [FULL VERSION]

*** To be used for all new installations and upgrades.

* WHMCS V5.2.3 Stable Release [iNCREMENTAL UPDATE]

*** Incremental version to be used for upgrading from WHMCS v5.2.1 or later only.

Be sure to download the correct version. If you are upgrading from v5.2.1 or later, use the incremental update. Otherwise, use the full version. In your specific case, going from v5.1.5 to v5.2.3, you would want to use the "WHMCS V5.2.3 Stable Release [FULL VERSION]" download; upgrading directly from v5.1.5 to v5.2.3 of WHMCS.

As always, we are offering our professional upgrade service where we handle the entire update process for you. For more details or to order, visit https://www.whmcs.com/upgrade-service

Visit our members area to download it now @ https://www.whmcs.com/members

Upgrade instructions can be found @ http://docs.whmcs.com/Version_5.2_Release_Notes#Upgrade_Steps

The full change log for this release can be found @ http://changelog.whmcs.com

As always, we are offering our professional upgrade service where we handle the entire update process for you. For more details or to order, visit https://www.whmcs.com/upgrade-service

Sounds like you may want to hold off advertising this at this time,

Getting the kinks out and takling care of the ones that are already complaining sounds like it should be a priority

OK, I upgraded. What a nightmare re templates, css and language files.

Does any know where this is being called from?

$LANG.domainmanagens

I checked the language file with 5.2.3 and it's not there. I just need to know where to get this from as it's at the bottom of the clientareadomains.tpl file and showing nothing. (Bulk domain editing command option).

Does any know where this is being called from?

$LANG.domainmanagens

I checked the language file with 5.2.3 and it's not there.

I just checked in the lang/english.php that is included within the "WHMCS V5.2.3 Stable Release [FULL VERSION]" download, and it is there; line 1111.

More information, such as string format examples, can be found at Language Files.

Hi James,

YEs I just found that almost immediately after I posted - but can't figure out why the buttons don't show the dropdown and wordings. I'm guessing its a css thing? but I can't find what part of the css files whmcs.css or bootstrap.css it is and I can't upload your css files in the default template because it wipes out my own custom css files for my site. I'm trying to pick my way through this.

Would appreciate any help on sorting this please. Thanks.

WHMCS v5.2.3 is a maintenance update for the v5.2.x release series. Below are the available downloads:

*** Incremental version to be used for upgrading from WHMCS v5.2.1 or later only.

Be sure to download the correct version. If you are upgrading from v5.2.1 or later, use the incremental update. Otherwise, use the full version. In your specific case, going from v5.1.5 to v5.2.3, you would want to use the "WHMCS V5.2.3 Stable Release [FULL VERSION]" download; upgrading directly from v5.1.5 to v5.2.3 of WHMCS.

Visit our members area to download it now @ https://www.whmcs.com/members

Upgrade instructions can be found @ http://docs.whmcs.com/Version_5.2_Release_Notes#Upgrade_Steps

The full change log for this release can be found @ http://changelog.whmcs.com

Okay, where do I find 5.2.1? Why am I being forced to perform a full upgrade just because I didn't get the first release of 5.2? I am currently running 5.1.3. Was there no incremental update for 5.2?

Okay, where do I find 5.2.1? Why am I being forced to perform a full upgrade just because I didn't get the first release of 5.2? I am currently running 5.1.3. Was there no incremental update for 5.2?

As noted previously:

My apologies, but I am not understanding what your issue is. To upgrade from v5.1.3 to v5.2.3, you would use the "WHMCS V5.2.3 Stable Release [FULL VERSION]" download. When upgrading to v5.2.3 from v5.1.3, that is the upgrade path. You do not need to go from v5.1.3 to v5.1.4 to v5.1.5 to v5.2.1 to v5.2.2 to v5.2.3, or any other combination thereof; you can perform a direct upgrade.

Concluding this thread (as it has performed what I asked):

The upgrade of WHMCS software from 5.1.5 - 5.2.3 was fairly straightforward - 30-40 minutes all told - BUT - working through the template changes and language file changes was laborious (5 hours through the night), ensuring all mods and add-ons were functioning (and I have 22 of them) and so in the end, I had to give up with some of the css stuff and revert back to the buttons etc without the dropdown functions (which are pretty cool in the default version) but I just couldnt get them to work with my custom site.

Suggestion: if css files were better labelled in sections to tell us what they relate to it would help and so we could copy and paste them into our own css or create separate files it would help. Too many conflicts.

My site is working and I must say (apart from the ticket display ordering - which is non-sensical) I have to say the site loads faster, the admin end is great and I love the reports, two-factor-auth and I've implemented the newsletter subscription.

Conclusion: Worth it in the end - but would love to have had all client area template functionality working. Glad to have upgraded. Hope this helps others considering it.

• 2 weeks later...
As noted previously:

My apologies, but I am not understanding what your issue is. To upgrade from v5.1.3 to v5.2.3, you would use the "WHMCS V5.2.3 Stable Release [FULL VERSION]" download. When upgrading to v5.2.3 from v5.1.3, that is the upgrade path. You do not need to go from v5.1.3 to v5.1.4 to v5.1.5 to v5.2.1 to v5.2.2 to v5.2.3, or any other combination thereof; you can perform a direct upgrade.

I wanted to upgrade incrementally. I have never done a full install to upgrade before and do not understand why I must do it now. There is an incremental update for 5.2.3 but not for 5.2.1 which I find puzzling. That means I will lose ALL changes made to various templates and addon modules and will have to start over again. That is what I call "make work" that is unnecessary. It is frustrating. I wanted to go to 5.2.1, then incrementally again to 5.2.2 and 5.2.3 which is how all upgrades should be done. I should not have to do a full install to get to 5.2.3.

I wanted to upgrade incrementally. I have never done a full install to upgrade before and do not understand why I must do it now. There is an incremental update for 5.2.3 but not for 5.2.1 which I find puzzling. That means I will lose ALL changes made to various templates and addon modules and will have to start over again. That is what I call "make work" that is unnecessary. It is frustrating. I wanted to go to 5.2.1, then incrementally again to 5.2.2 and 5.2.3 which is how all upgrades should be done. I should not have to do a full install to get to 5.2.3.

I am still not quite understanding your real issue here.

Regardless of whether you perform several point updates or one single update, when going from v5.1.3 to v5.2.3, there were template changes between v5.1.3 and v5.2.3 that would need to be made irrespective of which path you were to take for your upgrade.

The upgrade does not wipe out your current configuration settings from your WHMCS database. The upgrade does not delete your addon modules from your WHMCS installation. If you have changed and/or are using custom language strings, you should be using override files rather than making changes to the core language files; override files will survive an upgrade without any intervention.

It would appear as though you are more hung-up on the name of the download file itself rather than the actual upgrade path.