ResellerClub?

kers7754

I see lots of ResellerClub and Domain Transfers... Also, when you sign up for Reseller Club reseller account, it makes you deposit money for Domain Registrations. I don't want to use ResellerClub for Domains, but rather just for hosting.

Is anyone using it just for shared hosting?

I see lots of ResellerClub and Domain Transfers... Also, when you sign up for Reseller Club reseller account, it makes you deposit money for Domain Registrations. I don't want to use ResellerClub for Domains, but rather just for hosting.

Is anyone using it just for shared hosting?

The funds (minimum of $99 deposit) are used for all ResellerClub products, unless you just want a Reseller Hosting account, then it's $19.99/month and there's no deposit needed.

URL: http://shop.resellerclub.com/reseller-hosting.php

ResellerClub's hosting is notoriously unreliable. They claim to have made improvements recently, but I don't put much faith in anything they say. For domains they're fine, but hosting? Not if you want to have a reputation for reliable service.

We actually tried their hosting for a couple clients that needed Windows hosting when all we do is Linux, and it was atrocious. We played around with selling all of their services with the SuperSite they give you under a different "brand" just to see how things worked, and the Linux hosting was up and down too.

They claim to have an uptime guarantee but if your site goes down there isn't anything they'll do to compensate. It's laughable really--I think somewhere in these forums I posted a chat I had with one of their agents about the uptime guarantee. It's a funny read. If I can find the link I'll update this post.

Update: My post with the transcript of a chat about the ResellerClub Uptime Guarantee was actually posted at WHT.

Edited by Troy
Added link to chat transcript