[NOT A BUG] 5.2.2: Domain Sync doesn't work

Hi,

I'm not quite sure if this is since the update to 5.2.2 or since an earlier update, but my domain expiry dates are not being synced anymore during the cron run. (The checkmark in General Settings is set). All other cron tasks seems to be executed fine.

When I try to manually run the job with php -q, I get the following error:

$ php -q domainsync.php 
<div style="border: 1px dashed #cc0000;font-family:Tahoma;background-color:#FBEEEB;width:100%;padding:10px;color:#cc0000;">
<strong>Critical Error</strong><br>Could not connect to the database</div>

The result is always the same, doesn't matter if I run

crons/domainsync.php
admin/cron.php
modules/registrars/netearthone/netearthonesync.php

NB: Everything else in WHMCS appears to work fine, so I can rule out a general database problem.

Any ideas?

I upgraded from WHMCS 5.0.3 to 5.2.2 and have the same problem as you. None of the expiry dates to any of the Enom registered domains is updated when running crons/domainsync.php, none of the domains expiry dates is updated any longer.

v5.2.2 - I'm having the same issue with a domain recently transferred to ENOM:

Error: Unable to Find Domain Order

the domain sync seems to be running for the rest of the domains, and the ENOM module works find (i.e for registration and/or nameserver modification)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
How to manually Sync domain expiry?

You can either, manually set the cron job to rerun early (at your set time) or simply open the file crons/cron.php in a web browser if you have not already moved it out of the web path.

You will not see anything happen, it will be a blank page, but if you open your email account/client you should see an email arrive confirming its run/actions

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if I've missed the answer somewhere but I upgraded to the latest whmcs and the netearthone domain sync ran the next morning with this error next to all the domain names: An unexpected error has occurred. I've just run it manually because it didn't run at all this morning and its got the same message again.

Sorry if I've missed the answer somewhere but I upgraded to the latest whmcs and the netearthone domain sync ran the next morning with this error next to all the domain names: An unexpected error has occurred. I've just run it manually because it didn't run at all this morning and its got the same message again.

Hello,

In WHMCS 5.2 we depreciated individual domain registrar syncs and use a global domain sync script.

• 4 weeks later...