Stick or Twist?

Si

I have been running 5.1.3 and applied the security patch two days ago. All sorts of issues, but most seem to be resolved apart from paypal payments not being made and I'm using the 5.1.3 domainchecker.php file.

I've now got my system running 5.1.4 (with the domainchecker.php file)

My concern was with all of my custom pages and add-on modules, that I don't move to 5.2.1. Now I see 5.2.2 is available and backwards compatibility is included. So Do I upgrade or stay with what I've got? (Not happy that paypal isn't working - but am I jumping out of the frying pan into the fire?)

Also, if I upgrade, do I upgrade from 5.1.4 to 5.2.1 and then apply the 5.2.2 patch? (Or can I go straight from 5.1.4 to 5.2.2)? and should I?

Stick or Twist?

Stick. Unless your modules are updated by the authors before hand to allow you to commit to an upgrade (or yourself if made by you). because you will have an absolute nightmare with any modules that rely on the global smarty, and thats just the start with all the rewriting going on i would just hold on, at least for a couple of months, in the mean time you will be able to contact your module suppliers and find out if and when they will be updating them.

For those that are not or will not you might be able to get the source if they are cubed because they are no longer supported, in this case, you could probably get whmcs to take a look at it and fix what you cant.