Upgraded from 5.1.4 to 5.2.1 now multiple issues.

desynced

We got the security notice today and upgraded our system to 5.1.4. It was working fine but noticed WHMCS still said there was an update available and found out 5.2.1 is now stable. We upgraded to 5.2.1 using the instructions (extract, rename admin folder, backup database, upload and overwrite files/folders). Now admin account can no longer log in, saying invalid password. Using the Forgot Password link, we enter the admin email address, get the link to reset the password, and we get the error "Invalid or Expired Link Followed. Please try again.". Tried it a couple more times, each link causing the same error.

So we tried to log into a user account, still got an invalid password. Did the reset password link on that page, got the email, clicked it, this time it says "Password Reset Successful" but we do not get an email telling us what the new password is.

Been trying to enter a ticket but when we submit the ticket, we get the error:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Edited by desynced

They should roll the release out in waves. Just pick the first x amount of clients and send them an e-mail telling them it is available for download. Once they get control of the tickets that are coming in and fix the issues that are coming up send out the next wave. This way people that need support can actually get it from them in a short time period.

Still waiting for help.

I'm able to login to admin section after upgrade, but got loads of other problems and they are taking hours to respond to tickets

Live chat having license issues, already tried to refresh license etc...

hypervm module unable to provision vps

paypal ipn not working

worldpay ipn also having issues

View orders does not shows anymore if the order is paid or not, it just shows "no invoice "

Looks like did a huge mistake by upgrade :(

I had created a custom filed for the vps control panel in the product/services module in my previous version of whmcs, but now this filed is completely gone, i can't find it any of the products

Did you guys even tested your software before releasing it ? or making it stable ?

So we tried to log into a user account, still got an invalid password. Did the reset password link on that page, got the email, clicked it, this time it says "Password Reset Successful" but we do not get an email telling us what the new password is.

Upgraded from 5.1.3 to 5.2.1

First issue we have is the Password-Reset issue described by desynced.

But we mentioned it with a customer PW-Reset.

First mail with link came, clicked the link and PW-change was acknowledged, but the email with the PW never arrived.

Yesterday, with 5.1.3, it definitely worked.

In the Activity-Log from WHMCS the expected mail is not logged too.

EDIT:

I will get an email with a password, when I use the "reset & send password" button in the admin area (within the profile of a client).

But it does not send an email with a link, it only sends the new password email.

Edited by netzhaus
more info

Upgraded from 5.1.3 to 5.2.1

First issue we have is the Password-Reset issue described by desynced.

But we mentioned it with a customer PW-Reset.

First mail with link came, clicked the link and PW-change was acknowledged, but the email with the PW never arrived.

Yesterday, with 5.1.3, it definitely worked.

In the Activity-Log from WHMCS the expected mail is not logged too.

EDIT:

I will get an email with a password, when I use the "reset & send password" button in the admin area (within the profile of a client).

But it does not send an email with a link, it only sends the new password email.

Hi,

With 5.2.1 there is no longer an email sent with a new password, when the verification link is clicked the customer should be presented with a page to enter a new password instead. Make sure you have updated the template and cleared the template cache.

Another bug:

Using the ResellerClub module, WHMCS 5.2.1 says domains are successfully renewed. When you log into RC, the domains are not getting renewed. (Double checked that the API code was correct).

(Edit: This part is not a bug. Read update notes at the bottom if you are having this problem)

Also on our nightly cron job to sync the expiration dates with WHMCS, we get the error:

Down for Maintenance

An upgrade is currently in progress... Please come back soon...

Also visiting the module in a web browser shows the same error.

https://domain.com/whmcs/modules/registrars/resellerclub/resellerclubsync.php

WHMCS is not set in maintenance mode.

Update: This one is my fault. I must of overlooked the new cron changes in the change log. This module was removed and the new crons are in the /crons/ directory.

Edited by desynced

Hi,

With 5.2.1 there is no longer an email sent with a new password, when the verification link is clicked the customer should be presented with a page to enter a new password instead. Make sure you have updated the template and cleared the template cache.

OK. Goog hint.

We have a customized template and with a standard template it works as you mentioned.

Now I need to fix my customized template.

Another bug:

Using the ResellerClub module, WHMCS 5.2.1 says domains are successfully renewed. When you log into RC, the domains are not getting renewed. (Double checked that the API code was correct).

(Edit: This part is not a bug. Read update notes at the bottom if you are having this problem)

Also on our nightly cron job to sync the expiration dates with WHMCS, we get the error:

Down for Maintenance

An upgrade is currently in progress... Please come back soon...

Also visiting the module in a web browser shows the same error.

https://domain.com/whmcs/modules/registrars/resellerclub/resellerclubsync.php

WHMCS is not set in maintenance mode.

Update: This one is my fault. I must of overlooked the new cron changes in the change log. This module was removed and the new crons are in the /crons/ directory.

Might you be so kind to point out the new cron changes in the change log. I only found 1 change for Reseller Club to do with API

Total agree i am also having issues, in future roll out updates slowly don't send a e-mail out scaring everyone saying your unsecured then they update and nothing works i have spent a crap load of time trying to fix a bunch of issues and still no luck, Be more like word press one button it's upgraded and its done no issues and i have 10 times as many addon's in wordpress and that was free this cost me a lot of money!