Domain Addons

Frankc

Hello there

Not so sure anymore

No matter what I do or try there is simply no way how I can overcome the limitation that the program forced upon hosting companies with the registration of domain names during the order process.

That is the MAJOR reason why I still don't use my installed and ready WHMAP V3 installation because they also think it is just a matter of register a domain name and finish, without regard to domains like .co.za or .co.uk that REQUIRE registration AND additional services for each domain name. (Either hosting or parking/pointing)

In essense both WHMAP and WHMCS force users to offer such services for free.

As said I tested MANY different work arounds but none are good enough while it can easily be fixed by add a "additional charges" field for domain pricing or simply let users choose whether they want to use the domain registration only function or not instead that to force it upon them.

I just don't use the WHMCS signup form. I have a one page signup form that does not ask for domain information. Run it through a script that then posts all the information to WHMCS in one step. No where in my set up is anything users see about domain names. Is that what you are looking for?

There is no support for trial users so I did not contacted him yet.

Still busy to setup / configure / tweak everything to my liking before I make my final decision to buy but would be much easier if some pages like order.php was not encrypted.

(99% of my clients don't need or would even know what to add in the nameservers fields so I would like to remove that part too)

I know pretty well that it is a matter of "so many users, so many different needs" but that is precise why I don't understand why the developers force certain things upon their customers.

The lesson of WHMAP V3 is clear enough. If you add/change/remove things and force users to adapt whether they like the new feature, addon or change or not, you risk loosing customers.

It is easier and much better to build on/off switches for features so that it suits everybody and left the choice to them whether they want it or not. (Matt made one mistake in this regard but fixed it. A certain setting was for fixed amounts, then changed to percentage, but after customer complaints the next version will offer option between fixed or percentage)

With this program I see that Matt actually take user suggestions into account and that is good, but it increase the risk that some suggestions can cause problems for others.

He have a very good setup with a lot of configurable options and I am basically just disappointed with the core ordering system that don't offer enough flexibility. (It is almost as if the earlier features are fixed and choices only build in into the later features. - You CANNOT turn build-in domain registration off but you can turn register new domains, allow transfer or allow client to use their domain (namservers) on or off)

You CANNOT turn build-in domain registration off but you can turn register new domains, allow transfer or allow client to use their domain (namservers) on or off)

I am not sure what you mean because I did it. My customers do not ever see anything about domain registration whether its new or transfers or whatever. They only see the stuff regarding the hosting. This is signup time and after they login to their account. It might technically still be there but the customer never sees it.

I just don't use the WHMCS signup form. I have a one page signup form that does not ask for domain information. Run it through a script that then posts all the information to WHMCS in one step. No where in my set up is anything users see about domain names. Is that what you are looking for?

I unfortunatelly need domain registration yes but not the way how WHMAP or WHMCS implement the domain registration and force it as a product category.

My requirements is in short as follows.

Domain registration INCLUDING small parking/pointing fee

Domain registration including web hosting fees

The problem is that I offer LOW cost domain registration and the domain parking/pointing fee make up for the configuration time and use of our nameservers.

About half of the domains on our servers is parked/pointed domains with the rest hosted domains so I am between the devil and deep blue sea where either decrease or increase of domain reg fees cause problems.

The url/mail redirection is a step forward but still not really perfect because it cannot be forced as part of domain registration and merely an option for clients.