3.2.3 pdf attachments to support tickets corupt

webarama

We are having an issue where a pdf file attached to a support ticket sent in by the client is corupt so we are unable to view the file.

Is anyone else having the same issue?

I'd really appreciate it if someone test on their system to see if it's a whmcs issue or a problem at this end.

Hi George. Via email.

Hello,

I tried to email an attached pdf to our support department and as usual it disappeared in the process. Adding a pdf through the ticket center confirms your results as it is corrupted when downloaded and attempted to open.

Guess you owe your crew an apology and maybe this could be looked into as a bug?

works fine on my system, so don't apologize too fast to them... might be a specific setup issue.

also just sent a pdf as an attachment to open a new ticket and it worked just fine. opened the ticket, and the pdf looks fine.

but when trying it on the whmcs demo, it is corrupt (same pdf file)...the demo is one version behind.

works fine on my system, so don't apologize too fast to them... might be a specific setup issue.

also just sent a pdf as an attachment to open a new ticket and it worked just fine. opened the ticket, and the pdf looks fine.

but when trying it on the whmcs demo, it is corrupt (same pdf file)...the demo is one version behind.

Well then the demo on this site has a problem with the setup too! As I said the ticket was also done in the online demo which by the way still reports as being 3.2.2

The online demo does not allow file uploads so no attachments will work.

Matt

OK, so are you saying there isn't a problem uploading .pdfs?

Also is it possible to send attachments via support ticket by email without using the email form?

• WHMCS CEO
The online demo does not allow file uploads so no attachments will work.

Matt

OK, so are you saying there isn't a problem uploading .pdfs?

Also is it possible to send attachments via support ticket by email without using the email form?

Yes, as far as I'm aware there's no issues. They work when people email them to our support address.

Matt

Yes, as far as I'm aware there's no issues. They work when people email them to our support address.

Matt

OK I remember having problems with sending your support address an attachment in an earlier version. I had to upload through the ticket area. I also have had to have all our users submit attachments the same way as they never come through if they email them. I guess we need to look deeper?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...