[module] WHMCS Bouncebacks

The WHMCS Bouncebacks Module makes monitoring bounced emails a breeze with a simple install you no longer need to worry about clients miss spelling there addresses. If an email gets bounced back you will know about it.

The bouncebacks module is a very simple, but hugely important module in terms of client retention. Companies with large customer bases will at some point start to notice they are loosing customers due to lack of communication. Whats ironic is that this non communication is down to a simple miss spelling of the email address when they registered.

This module does as the name suggests, its a bounceback module. So when an email "bounces back" to your site because the email address was unreachable it gets logged into your system.

You as the admin are then notified by the module and the email is logged in the module page. The module will then link the email to a client account if possible and make it easy to see when this was first detected and the last time a bounceback occurred.

You then have a very easy to use system for monitoring incorrect accounts, and can use the contact methods on file to rectify the issue.

Instalation is quite simple while more advanced than a basic module install. You will need to edit 1 php file on the server and setup an email pipe in your control panel to use this module.

Please make sure your server supports email piping before purchasing the module

For more info, screenshots and requirements visit the product page here:

I was actually going to code something similar over the next week. However, if you've got something functional, I may just purchase from you. With that said, does your module abort all e-mail messages from being sent to client accounts which have bounced?

If not, I'll just continue on with what I already had in mind as that's a feature which I'm needing. If a client account had a bounced e-mail detected, no further e-mails should be sent until their e-mail address has been updated.

Edited by WHMCS JamesX

I was actually going to code something similar over the next week. However, if you've got something functional, I may just purchase from you. With that said, does your module abort all e-mail messages from being sent to client accounts which have bounced?

If not, I'll just continue on with what I already had in mind as that's a feature which I'm needing. If a client account had a bounced e-mail detected, no further e-mails should be sent until their e-mail address has been updated.

hello js-james,

not in version 1, but i will be releasing a new version very soon (i send a first revision out then add features and/or fix bugs if any are found and release a .1 version very quickly).

it will be optional though as some people will still want the emails to go out. the only problem with preventing the emails is if for example the clients mail server is down or there is some other preventing the email for a small period.

if this was the case the clients email account could be back online the day after and normal service could resume, but the module would still be preventing emails going out.

Why not just make it possible to resend a certain number of times (0-5), preferably by choice, and if it still bounces then stop sending? Then both those who would like to stop sending new e-mails and those who would like to send new e-mails would be covered.

Why not just make it possible to resend a certain number of times (0-5), preferably by choice, and if it still bounces then stop sending? Then both those who would like to stop sending new e-mails and those who would like to send new e-mails would be covered.

thats a pretty good idea, i will look into it for the next release. thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

As promised we have announced today the release of 1.1.0 Bouncebacks Module.

This update allows you to choose if you want emails being blocked for users in the bouncebacks table.

So now if a users email address is not responding it will not be sent any emails (only if you choose too).

Ontop of that we have added some great features like:

• Added ability to detect client sub contact accounts
  • Added bulk clear log entries
  • Added bulk close clients
  • Added bulk delete clients
  • Added number of results text above table
  • Adde ClientArea warning that email address has bounced back

The new features can be seen on the module page here:

https://clients.no-half-pixels.com/whmcs-bouncebacks