Web Page Not Found

Hi everyone. I am new, so please forgive me if I am posting in the wrong area.

I have installed WHMCS. Everything was going fine, until I tried to configure it. Anytime I try to click Configure/General Configuration Add New Member etc. It goes to Page Can Not Be Found. Any suggestions?

re-upload whmcs to your server...

sounds like you are missing files or something.

I have, twice actually. I get the same thing. I'm not sure what's going on, unless I got a bad download?

I had to change the templates folder to templates_c. I also had to change the configuration.php.new to .php Other wise it wouldn't install it at all.

You should have a templates and templates_c folder (both, at least I do)

Ok, then I must have got a bad download. Cause even after I unzipped it to a folder on y hard drive, to upload it to the site. I did a search in that folder for templates_c and for configuration.php nothing at all showed up.

There was a templates folder, but it's just named templates. And the configuration, the only file named that was configuration.php.new

sounds like you might of downloaded the changed files package and not the "full" install.

Ok, I went back and looked and I believe I downloaded the right one. But just in case, I have downloaded the previous version. I just looked in the folder. I don't have templates_c and configuration.php.new is the same. This is odd! Anyway I am uploading now and will install it, see what happens.

As said the zip file should have a templates_c and a configuration.php.new

the templates_c is not a problem it's just an empty folder so create one if you need to and you are meant to rename the onfiguration.php.new to onfiguration.php for you to instal whmcs.

• 2 weeks later...
I have the same problem, the full download does not contain the templates_c folder!

are you *sure* the downloade file doesnt have it rather than just whatever software you're *opening* it with or expanding to the disk through not creatig the empty directory ?

either way just make a directory called templats_c - seriously thats all you have to do :D

Hey,

If you are having a hard time with extracting the folder, upload the zip file you downloaded from the WHMCS website, and extract it via your server either in SSH (command: unzip whmcs*) or if you are running cPanel, with in file manger.

This is much faster and really you do not need to extract anything to your local desktop.

From,

Adam