Anyone Looking for Work? Linux/Cpanel/Wordpress/Subdomains

I am not a developer but am working with a team who is creating a site for me in CakePHP. They don't reall y know how to integrate and script WHMCS and configure it to work in our application. Below is a description of a job we are posting. please let me know if anyone feels confident about completing this.

"Startup Company looking for Expert Linux, cPanel, WHM technician to help script and configure database and site install process into multiple server accounts. Developers are coding a cake app to talk directly with Wordpress installations and WHMCS for billing and support.

Below are the requirements for this position:

Auto building cpanel accounts upon registration of new WHMCS account, after account is created, run a script to install wordpress and config WP settings.--When a new user registers (According to our original docs) in WHMCS a cpanel account for that user is created synchronously. When WHMCS receives the confirmation that a new cpanel account that has been created, it then creates a new wordpress install in the public root of that new account. Once wordpress is installed, it notifies WHMCS so we can store the url and server path to that account (This last step is needed for the Wordpress API connection) and auto generate an email to the new user with a link to their setup wizard and a welcome email notifying them that their account is setup.

Knowledge of DNS, Domain Parking, and subdomain creation on the fly--The person should know how to create subdomains during the setup of the cpanel account creation. We also need this for the Wordpress API and welcome email to the user.

Integrate auto Domain renewals and purchases in WHMCS.--WHMCS can accept API tokens for a number of domain renewal resellers (go daddy included). We want WHMCS to auto renew accounts that choose this option so we don't have to renew domain names for clients by hand.

Create Linux Folder Aliases on the fly.--In order to use 1 location for wordpress plugins, we need to create folder aliases to the base plugin path in our server root. Then we need to link the folder alias paths to the individual wordpress plugins folders as a part of the wordpress install script."

I'm already running a similar system where clients select an hosting plan, chose a domain and a CMS from a list. Let's say that they chose Wordpress. As soon as they pay a script automatically upload via FTP (in php) a zip file containing my Wordpress release with an installer. In the same time i register domain and send DNS zones to my DNS servers. Now when they access to their website (i send them a welcome email with the link) they have a welcome page with a "Click to install" link.

sito_web_attivo.png

When they click it a script extract all files in the zip (in this case Wordpress files and folders) and, before deleting itself, redirects the users to Wordpress installation wizard. Renewals, suspensions, unsuspensions and terminations are totally automated but these are standard functions of WHMCS.

The only problem i see is the auto-creation of aliases and subdomains since it can't be done, as far as i know, via API. You can set limits (e.g. 5 subdomains, 3 aliases) but nothing more. It would be great if you could send me or attach the flowchart because probably some steps are not necessary.

Thanks for the response Kian,

Do you propose a different idea than the folder alias'. We only need them so that we can store all wordpress plugins in a global directory so that we can just update the plugin once and it will automatically reflect in each cpanel account wordpress install. Also, thinking of the future, if we outgrow 1 server and build a second box for the overflow clients, we would like them to also access the same directory of of plugins on the first server.

Thanks for the response Kian,

Do you propose a different idea than the folder alias'. We only need them so that we can store all wordpress plugins in a global directory so that we can just update the plugin once and it will automatically reflect in each cpanel account wordpress install. Also, thinking of the future, if we outgrow 1 server and build a second box for the overflow clients, we would like them to also access the same directory of of plugins on the first server.

Ahhh got it! I was totally missing your point.

Auto building cpanel accounts upon registration of new WHMCS account, after account is created, run a script to install wordpress and config WP settings.--When a new user registers (According to our original docs) in WHMCS a cpanel account for that user is created synchronously. When WHMCS receives the confirmation that a new cpanel account that has been created, it then creates a new wordpress install in the public root of that new account. Once wordpress is installed, it notifies WHMCS so we can store the url and server path to that account (This last step is needed for the Wordpress API connection) and auto generate an email to the new user with a link to their setup wizard and a welcome email notifying them that their account is setup.

Is there anything preventing you from using Wordpress Multisite instead of individual cpanel accounts? That would let you run everything off one database, update all plugins in one spot, and update wordpress itself in one spot. Good stuff.

Of course if they have to have FTP access, etc. then Multisite is a bad idea.