Cancellations

IsMyWB-Dominic

Uncheck Setup -> Automation Settings -> Miscellaneous -> Cancellation Requests; cancellations will then need to be processed manually.

Why it put the other message up there, i'll never know.

Thanks, but that won't open a ticket when a cancellation request is submitted? I want it so it opens a ticket also.

Why it put the other message up there, i'll never know.

You must be psychic; knowing what I'm going to write before I write it myself.

Thanks, but that won't open a ticket when a cancellation request is submitted? I want it so it opens a ticket also.

No, it won't create a ticket. However, it will require cancellations to be manually processed though. You can use a hook in order to create a ticket though when cancellations are submitted.

Edited by WHMCS JamesX

• 2 months later...

I have one question about cancellations...

We sell dedicated servers... automated cancellations are okey, very good for shared or resellers that we also sell.

But... for example... a dedicated client had one invoice DUE on 14/Jan, the invoice due at 14/Feb was just generated...

Then client submit a cancellation request... TODAY 11/Feb, and then:

1) Invoice for 14/Feb gets cancelled (wich is okey, as this cycle had not yet started)

2) Invoice for 14/Jan gets "deleted" the server line of it.... WEIRD!!!!

Basically, invoice 14/January have the Server, say $189, and interest for not pay in term $18.90.

when client send cancellation, this invoice was like "modified" and only had $18.90 interest, on it... the $189 server just DISSAPEARED....

IS this the normal behaviour of automated cancellations ??

(BTW, I read on another thread a "30 day advise" for dedicated server cancellations, wich will be the BEST feature cancellations could have, like they have to cancel with 30 days anticipation.)

Please let me know, I need to know how really cancellation works, and why it modified my invoice!!!

Btw...

--- On Pending Cancellations it says : ---

11/02/2013 15:31 Dedicated Servers - XXXXXX End of Billing Period (14/01/2013)

--- And on Activity logs....

D) 11/02/2013 15:31 Email Sent to XXXXXXXXX (Cancellation Request Confirmation)

C) 11/02/2013 15:31 Cancelled Outstanding Product Renewal Invoice - Invoice ID: 10949 - Service ID: 395

B) 11/02/2013 15:31 Removed Outstanding Product Renewal Invoice Line Item - Invoice ID: 10916 - Service ID: 395

A) 11/02/2013 15:31 Automatic Cancellation Requested for End of Current Cycle - Service ID: 395

So, the problem was the (B), as it removed the product from a invoice that was OVERDUE already... WEIRD.

Also on the pending cancellations, for some reason, it says End of Billing Period 14/01 ... when it should cancel it at end of billing period 14/02!! (as billing period 14/1 is already ended, and he cant cancell at the end of 1 month ago billing period... as he have already used this period as well as the next that ends 14/02...)

Can anyone (maybe from whmcs support) confirm me if this is okey, or I need to configure something for this to work as expected.