Invoices not being created

fireball

Hello,

I have two customer accounts that are due within the next 3 days, but the cron doesnt seem to be creating invoices for them.

Cron Job Report for 09-08-2007 00:00:03

0 Invoices Created

0 Invoice Payment Reminders Sent

0 Subscription Payment Reminders Sent

0 Accounts Suspended

0 Accounts Terminated

0 Cancellation Requests Automatically Processed

Disk & Bandwidth Usage Statistics Updated

Under automation settings, it is set for 7 days before due date for the invoice to be set up. The only thing I can think of is that the cron DOESNT say "well, its less then 7 days to the due date and theres no invoice, so id better create one". Would this be the case?

I'm also wondering why invoices aren't created.

Perhaps it is because of the Continuos Invoice Generation setting?

Since the vast majority of accounts in my installation are imports from another system, they never had paid invoices nor ANY invoices from this system. Maybe the rules of a previous paid invoice doesn't apply to them?

Tick this box to enable continuous invoice generation

If disabled, invoices will be generated for an item on subsequent renewal dates only if prior invoices for that item have been paid but if enabled, invoices will continue to be generated even if the item remains unpaid (it may take several cron runs to generate all due invoices after changing this setting)

I'm also wondering why invoices aren't created.

Perhaps it is because of the Continuos Invoice Generation setting?

Since the vast majority of accounts in my installation are imports from another system, they never had paid invoices nor ANY invoices from this system. Maybe the rules of a previous paid invoice doesn't apply to them?

Tick this box to enable continuous invoice generation

If disabled, invoices will be generated for an item on subsequent renewal dates only if prior invoices for that item have been paid but if enabled, invoices will continue to be generated even if the item remains unpaid (it may take several cron runs to generate all due invoices after changing this setting)

Perhaps, good theory.

Are those clients and products assigned to that gateway?

yes

Paypal subscriptions doesn't create an invoice until payment is made. They will get added to a box on the front page of the admin labeled due subscriptions. I believe the day they are due is when this occurs.

So invoices aren't made until a payment is made? How the heck do they know to make a payment then? (other then logging in, which most customers dont do unless they have a reason to...)

I think what I will do now is email the accounts that have upcoming renewals. I'll invite them to log in and check their account to make sure that they are aware of it.

I'll have to do this until all of my current Paypal customers have been converted successfully to Subscriptions or let then get hit with a 'Subscription Payment Due' notice. I'd hate to surprise more clients with that notice.

Yeah for sure. There should be some sort of automatic "okay heres how its gonna work in a couple days" notice. *shrug*

I dont mind so much, but I couldnt imagine what somebody with 100...500.. 1000 customers feels like.

It's an enormous PITA! It takes me about an hour each day to make sure all the payments were posted and next due dates updated. But, the money is good! :D

John

Alright, so today is the date for somebody to get onto a paypal subscription. they ARE listed under Due Subscription Payments, however... how do i know that the client was sent an email telling them to pay, and also, i logged in as that user to whmcs, and i see no "pay here" link or anything. What am I missing??

• WHMCS CEO

There'll get an email when it's overdue - not on the day they are due to pay - WHMCS doesn't know the subscription hasn't occured until after that day. And you need to instruct them to login, go to My Hosting Packages > View Details > Pay Now.

Matt

There'll get an email when it's overdue - not on the day they are due to pay - WHMCS doesn't know the subscription hasn't occured until after that day. And you need to instruct them to login, go to My Hosting Packages > View Details > Pay Now.

Matt

hmm okay, ill have to edit the email template for the email that goes out... its pretty useless. "Please contact us to discuss how you can make your payment." ... because that makes so much more sense then just saying how to get to the pay now button.

Also, does it not make sense for there to be some sort of pay now button or link on the clients page right when they log in, rather then making them go dig for it?

Also, does it not make sense for there to be some sort of pay now button or link on the clients page right when they log in, rather then making them go dig for it?

What if the customer has multiple products and hosting accounts. How would you sort the multiple pay now buttons?

What if the customer has multiple products and hosting accounts. How would you sort the multiple pay now buttons?

Thats for an interface designer to figure out. I'm just saying a customer shouldnt have to go digging to find where to pay their invoice, it should be presented to them in an obvious manner.

Even a "you have unpaid subscriptions" link that takes you to exact the page they need to be.