New client status as inative by default

Patty

Yeah, well, that's a matter of opinion. So it should be an option and not a default value. It wasn't like this before and I just rather have it the way it was before.

Paty,

Check out the explanation, http://docs.whmcs.com/Client_Management#Automatic_Status_Changing

Ideally, the administrator decides that ... So I created a generic hook that grabs all clients "inactive" and changes to "active" after cron generate.

Create a file with any name, eg (patty.php) and send to /includes/hooks/

<?php

function modifica_status()

{

$AtualizaStatus = mysql_query("UPDATE `tblclients` SET `status`='Active' WHERE `status`='Inactive'");

}

add_hook("DailyCronJob", 1, "modifica_status", "");

?>

I published the above tip on my blog Brazilian (http://www.whmcs.blog.br/principal/dicas-whmcs-parte-11/), see Tip 54

Hugs

Edvan

Hey, Edvan.

Nice, thank you. But this hook causes another issue: some clients I might want to leave as inactive, but the hook will set them as active after cron runs.

IMHO the ideal is to go back to the way it was before, all new clients set as active by default. It doesn't make sense a client who just signed in and bought something be set as inactive, while I might want other clients set as inactive. It should be the admin decision, not something automatically set by cron or by default. I hope we can have this option on the next version.

Anyway, tks a lot for your efforts, Edvan. ;)

Edited by Patty

Hey, Edvan.

Nice, thank you. But this hook causes another issue: some clients I might want to leave as inactive, but the hook will set them as active after cron runs.

IMHO the ideal is to go back to the way it was before, all new clients set as active by default. It doesn't make sense a client who just signed in and bought something be set as inactive, while I might want other clients set as inactive. It should be the admin decision, not something automatically set by cron or by default. I hope we can have this option on the next version.

Anyway, tks a lot for your efforts, Edvan. ;)

Patty,

Actually the customer is inactive unless you have a product / service active.

The ideal was that we could define it and not the system.

Edvan

IMHO the ideal is to go back to the way it was before, all new clients set as active by default. It doesn't make sense a client who just signed in and bought something be set as inactive

Did this just start happening to you in 5.1.2?

What exactly is happening? When a customer signs up and buys a product they are not activated and stay as "pending" until you manually accept the order?

Or is it something else?

I don't like this "feature" either. I have quite a few clients that may never have products or services, but they're billed on a regular basis for consulting, etc. They should be active.

I'm not really sure why this was implemented, what was the logic behind it?

That doesn't make sense. If you have customers that are billed on a regular basis why don't you give them a product or service. I don't see why you would have a client but never have a product or service attached.

• 1 month later...

Remember

"In WHMCS 5.1.2 and above any client account with no products, addons or domains active will have their account automatically set to Inactive by the cron job. This does not stop the user logging in, opening a ticket or paying any due invoices.

An active product or addon is defined as being in Active or Suspended state. An active domain is Active or Pending-Transfer.

Should the client purchase a product domain or addon, then on the next cron run, their status would automatically be set to Active again. "