Nominet Sync'ing Failing

Si

Is anyone else seeing their UK domains fail to sync correctly with Nominet in 5.1.2 ?

When a customer renews a domain, the NEXT DUE DATE updates correctly (but I believe this is an internal date from within WHMCS). However, the EXPIRY DATE does not change.

I've tried running the new domainsync (which only appears to sync 20-30 domains at a time).

I've also reverted back to the nominetsync script (pre 5.1.2), but it doesn't work either.

In case anyone asks, in General Settings > Domains tab, I have SYNC NEXT DUE DATE ticked, and DOMAIN SYNC NOTIFY ONLY unticked.

Baffled by this. Am I missing something?

OK, just had this reply from Matt via support:

We aren't aware of any issues. The new sync script should be syncing around 40-50 domains per time. Minus however many pending-transfers you have. As to sync every domain every day is pretty unnecessary since they don't change their dates all that often.

And my response to that:

Hi Matt,

So are you saying that if I have 2000 domains, and a customer renews one, it may be 50-100 days later that his Expiry Date syncs?

And that the domains that aren't syncing now when customers renew will sync eventually?

Maybe I'm just a control freak and like to see things happen before my eyes :-)

=========================

I hope I'm not doubling up on work here by raising a ticket and a support forum post and hope that posting this information helps others and saves them contacting Matt and the support team.

OK, after hours I have confirmed to my self that the new cron works. However, I had to resort to running it every minute for about 20-25 minutes to eventually see one particular domain's expiry date update to the correct date - because while I understand syncing only 50 domains at a time, it seems strange to me that it's not syncing those that have had recent change, ie upgrade, transfer in, registration.

I'm just not getting this at all. ?

Now another issue. I just noticed that UK domains ordered since 5.1.2 upgrade have not been registered. However, I just went in through the admin area and manually forced them through. The domains were registered ok (no issues like ltd company numbers missing or any legitimate reasons like that).

However, after the success notification and the domain being registered, the status in WHMCS was still set to PENDING so that also needed manually updating.

What on earth is going on here?

Nightmare. All UK domains renewed in the past few days are now showing as EXPIRED in WHMCS and so I'm manually working back through them to reset them.

Until this is fixed I'm going to have to watch every UK domain registration and renewal and manually set them correctly. Just as I'm about to go on holiday too. Wonderful.

Running all sorts of tests here:

On the General Settings > Domains tab, I set it to sync next due dates to 10 days before the expiry date.

Enom - all worked fine

Nominet - cron email stated uk domain's next due dates changed. (But they weren't altered).

This has definitely got to be a major bug.

I'm having to run this new cron every minute to try and get through my domains to get them sorted. AND run the original cron scripts for each registrar as well.

• WHMCS CEO
So are you saying that if I have 2000 domains, and a customer renews one, it may be 50-100 days later that his Expiry Date syncs?

No, expiry dates are updated in WHMCS immediately any time WHMCS initiates a renewal command and gets a successful response. So it doesn't take a sync to update the date in that situation.

The syncing is purely there for detecting completion & expiry dates of incoming transfers, and renewals processed directly at a registrar outside of WHMCS.

Not sure what the issue is that you're having with Nominet - will try and locate your ticket.

Matt

No, expiry dates are updated in WHMCS immediately any time WHMCS initiates a renewal command and gets a successful response. So it doesn't take a sync to update the date in that situation.

The syncing is purely there for detecting completion & expiry dates of incoming transfers, and renewals processed directly at a registrar outside of WHMCS.

Not sure what the issue is that you're having with Nominet - will try and locate your ticket.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply. But that's not what is happening with Nominet. The expiry date is not changing.

New Registrations: expiry Date = 00/00/0000

Transfers In: expiry date = the date of the order

Further: when/if you set the NEXT DUE DATE to say, '10 days before expiry' in the general settings, Nominet domains are not being changed. Also, because the sync is only changing the dates of incoming transfers etc, and only processing 50 domains at a time, does that mean we have to run the domainsync.php x number of times (dependent on the number of domains we have), to get all domains set correctly.

Finally: new registrations with Nominet are failing and having to be processed manually. Even then, after success of the registration being pushed through WHMCS, the status still shows as PENDING and as mentioned above, the due date is 00/00/0000.

Si

Can someone from WHMCS please confirm the bugs in this nominet sync'ing ? I'm seriously frustrated at the lack of other users posting on this (1 person viewing the BUGS forum while 26 are viewing and posting in FEATURE REQUESTS)? What's that all about? We have a current version of the software with a fairly important part of it that isn't working and people are posting for new features?

Please can others who have Nominet accounts check this and report back here?

I'm currently trying to set all of my domains to show a NEXT DUE DATE set to 14 days before the Expiry Date. (General Settings > Domains). I run the cron (domainsync.php) and all of my US domains, .com, .net, .org etc sync perfectly. UK domains do not sync, however the cron says that they do.

Cron email shows:

- customersdomain.org.uk: Updated Next Due Date updated to 17/03/2013

- anotherdomain.co.uk: Updated Next Due Date updated to 07/11/2013

However, both domains are showing in WHMCS as 31/03/2013 and 21/11/2013 respectively.

Also, under the current cron settings of only processing up to 50 domains at a time, I am having to run the cron every minute to get through all of my domains to get them changed. This is also not to mention the errors occurring when registering a UK domain as mentioned earlier.

been away for a week... frantic reading.... si any closer to sorting yours?

Waiting to see. Matt was in my install today and thinks the wrong patch was uploaded by mistake on the BUGS forum. The new registrarfunctions file is uploaded now (just over an hour ago) and just waiting for the first registrations and renewals to go through.

Not sure if the patch 3 file has been update in the bugs forum.