gocardless - anyone got it working?

lance

GoCardless worked straight away for me - I think. At least, payment goes through right to confirmation on the GC site and email received from them. What is worrying is that the invoices I pay are not marked as paid or pending payment. ie, nothing to show a DD is in the process of being set up. (I have it configured to mark invoices paid instantly rather than waiting the 3-5 days). So that is a bit strange. Also, there doesn't appear to be a return back to my client area from GC. It just shows a GC confirmation page. No clickable link, auto forwarder etc......nothing. It just leaves you hanging.

A lack of docs on this is frustrating and is needed so that we know what to expect.

I've just raised a support ticket to WHMCS asking for guidance on what these need to be on the GC api configuration page

Redirect URI

Cancel URI (OPTIONAL)

Webhook URI

Once I get a response I'll post it here, to save everyone raising support tickets.

OK, Just received this from the guys over at GoCardless. Hope it helps:

We've managed to take a look at the module now we're writing a guide today.

If you go to your GoCardless account, then the developer tab, you should change your redirect URL to:

http://path/to/whmcs/modules/gateways/gocardless/redirect.php

If you do this, in future, WHMCS will be notified of your bills when they're paid. Please note however that these can fail at a later date if sufficient funds are not available - however, this is not reflected in WHMCS due to a programming error by them. A fix for this will be available soon, and in the mean time, you'll receive an email (as you always will) if there's any problem.

I hope that helps.

I further asked GC about the webhooks functionality and what we needed for it. They replied:

It does have webhooks functionality which is achieved by setting the webhook URI in your Developer tab to the library's callback.php page, but at the moment, there is a mistake in it so it won't work. We're fixing that for WHMCS and hopefully they'll release an update.

(No lack of support from GC has been my experience so far. Looking forward to getting this going properly and hope these updates help you guys).

I generated a test invoice, when I look at invoice and click the gocardless as to make a payment I get the invalid user on the screen..... have done all what i can see in the developers area, eg callback and hooks etc

error page is

Sorry! Bad request

Client is invalid

Edited by lance

Sorry if this sounds obvious, but make sure if copying your merchant id from the developer tab, that you don't include white space. This sounds like an invalid merchant id, but if I'm wrong, you maybe should contact GC support directly to see if they can spot anything in their logs.

Hi - my name's Tim and I'm the Head of Support at GoCardless. I'd like to apologise for the lack of documentation - we're working with WHMCS to amend this and I'll of course be happy to help anyone having difficulties. You can email me at help@gocardless.com.

If you're getting the "client is invalid" error, this most likely means that you have a sandbox account. You'll need a live account, since it seems that the WHMCS test mode has no affect. You can sign up for this at https://gocardless.com/merchants/new.

Once you've signed up, go to the Developer tab. Here you'll find the credentials you need for WHMCS - put these in there and it will work. You should also set the redirect URI to http://path/to/whmcs/modules/gateways/gocardless/redirect.php and the web hooks URI to http://path/to/whmcs/modules/gateways/gocardless/callback.php, replacing /path/to/whmcs with the location of your WHMCS installation.

Once you've done this, everything should work well. Please note that automatic marking of payments as failed may not work due to a mistake made on WHMCS' end - we've written a fix for this and it will be released very soon. In the mean time, you will be able to know if a payment is failed since we'll always send you an email stating this.

Please do contact us if you have difficulties or questions.

Absolutely delighted to have this module up and running. Customers are loving it. Early days to fully appraise as we don't see payments processed and invoices marked paid for 3-5 working days. But so far all is good. (Apart from one thing).

I have the Instant Activation box ticked in the configuration to mark invoices paid immediately on payment initiation, but all invoices are staying UNPAID. Yes they have the admin message telling a GoCardless payment is pending, and clients see a similar message on the invoice, but surely something is wrong?

Lance,

I hope this doesn't appear like I'm hijacking your thread (hoping your original issue is now resolved), but thought this is something that might help us all as gocardless users.

Can I ask for others feedback on this? We're discussing here what is best.

Assuming the instant activation I mentioned above works, will you be going for it, or leaving it blank.

Pros: customers get what they want instantly - and no waiting about - which can be important for many customers who may opt to then choose another payment method.

Cons: the payment fails and (while that wouldn't be the end of the world as far as providing web hosting would be concerned), it would be for domains, SSL and other services which cost us.

How have you approached this

Si, I am all resolved, so carry on ..... will be interesting to read other replies on tweaks etc.

I am looking at implementing this only for VPS and above clients who pay on a regular monthly basis, where we will make available this option by prior arrangement to setup for the user... we have a good client base so all will work with us on this if they want it.

Like Si, I`d be concerned regarding payments for eg domains etc.... as most pay either 12 or 24 months for domains i`m not sure that DD would be suitable for them anyway.

Edited by lance

• 1 month later...

Alas, no difference. One site gives this message, the other no message

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'GoCardless_ApiException' with message 'Unknown error' in rootfolder/modules/gateways/gocardless/GoCardless/Request.php:177 Stack trace: #0 rootfolder/modules/gateways/gocardless/GoCardless/Request.php(36): GoCardless_Request::call('post', 'https://gocardl...', Array) #1 [internal function]: GoCardless_Request::post('https://gocardl...', Array) #2 rootfolder/modules/gateways/gocardless/GoCardless/Client.php(452): call_user_func('GoCardless_Requ...', 'https://gocardl...', Array) #3 rootfolder/modules/gateways/gocardless/GoCardless/Client.php(323): GoCardless_Client->request('post', '/confirm', Array) #4 rootfolder/modules/gateways/gocardless/GoCardless.php(140): GoCardless_Client->confirm_resource(Array) #5 rootfolder/modules/gateways/gocardless/redirect.php(38): GoCardless::confirm_resource(Array) #6 {main} thrown in rootfolder/modules/gateways/gocardless/GoCardless/Request.php on line 177

I wrote rootfolder - doesn't start at http - just a folder path

• 1 month later...