New Account Information Email - 'Dear New Client'?

Gareth-HFX

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is just me or a global issue. However, when a new customer signs up they receive a number of emails including 'New Account Information'. This reads the following:

If you have requested a domain name during sign up, we will register this domain once your payment has been cleared, this can take 24 hours.

Dear New Client,

Please keep in mind that your domain name will not be visible on the internet for between 24 and 72 hours. This process is called Pro...

Surely this should say Dear clientsfirstname lastname,?

This is the cPanel welcome email.

Thanks,

Gareth

Hi, you have to modify this email template to feet your needs :)

Thanks,

I've now changed it to Dear [CustomerName], - hope that works :)

-------------

I'm just curious as to why it isn't automatically set to that with installation?

I think it should be like this by default too.

I'll make it the new default but it won't affect any of you - upgrades don't alter email templates.

As a suggestion, could upgrades add any missing email templates ,and update any where they have not been changed form the defaults ? I'd hate to miss out on some essential patches/improvements :)

I'll make it the new default but it won't affect any of you - upgrades don't alter email templates.

As a suggestion, could upgrades add any missing email templates ,and update any where they have not been changed form the defaults ? I'd hate to miss out on some essential patches/improvements :)

What about the people who want to keep their edited versions..

• WHMCS CEO

There are never any essential patches to email templates - I'd hardly call changing "Dear Customer" to "Dear [CustomerName]" an essential update. New templates are of course added in an upgrade.

Matt