Client area home page (Sparky mod)

jin

Using the add on for the client home page the box that displays "Account Statistics" does not align properly and text is missing. I tried moving things around with the CSS but it didn't seem to work.

Has anyone else had this issue and fixed it?

clienthomepage.jpg

Using the add on for the client home page the box that displays "Account Statistics" does not align properly and text is missing. I tried moving things around with the CSS but it didn't seem to work.

Has anyone else had this issue and fixed it?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2890[/ATTACH]

you ned to make sure all the text is added to the language file as stated. if this does not work then open a ticket in your clientarea on sparkys own site and Steve will sort this for you.

All text is in the language file, am more worried about the alignment though, hoping someone here has had this issue and can point me in the right direction.

Just checked mine and all is as it should be.

it may be quicker opening a ticket on Steves own site rather than wait for him to come on here

this is not Sparkys support.

the mod is a 3rd party Mod provided by Sparky. open a ticket with him through your clientarea on his site

I wasn't speaking to you easyhosting, but since you just don't know when you should move on from a thread and you want to play forum police I will respond.

I was asking others (forum) if they ran into this issue since the original start of this 3rd party mod was here "this" would be the best place to ask "others" to try to get the fastest response rather than like you said wait for 1 person to respond. If they don't want to see support requests here for 3rd party mods then don't allow them to be advertised here.

Apparently they don't mind support requests for third party mods because this forum is"Customisation & Addons Customisation & Integration Questions"

Maybe I'm wrong but I can swear a 3rd party mod would fit this category, honestly you responded to my thread and I thank you, but Sparky support or not, really isn't you business you do need to know when it is your time to no longer respond.

As you were suggested, Open a Support Ticket

Support for this will NOT be given here on this forum as it will only happen from my site!

Maybe then you shouldn't advertise your products on this site!

I'll work it out myself as usual, seems to be the norm with WHMCS and 3rd party addons.

The forums here is not a place for support of a 3rd party mod

Is there a reason as to why you can't open a ticket?

The forum here is a place to ask others for support, I'm not going to debate the forums though, the name of the thread wasn't directed to "only" you for support, it was a simple thread to see if anyone else ran into this issue, if no one responded then they haven't and so be it.

Is there a reason you can't address the issue here in the event others run into this issue and they won't have to go through all this nonsense for what appears to be a CSS conflict?

I mean all the time you spent trying to get me away from WHMCS you could most likely have already dealt with the issue.

Is there a reason you can't address the issue here in the event others run into this issue and they won't have to go through all this nonsense for what appears to be a CSS conflict?

I mean all the time you spent trying to get me away from WHMCS you could most likely have already dealt with the issue.

IMHO - it would be the same as if I wanted to get support for a cPanel issue here on WHMCS forum. cPanel is also a 3rd party module but they have rules; if you want individual support, then you must submit a Support Ticket with them on their site.

Cheers!

If they don't want to see support requests here for 3rd party mods then don't allow them to be advertised here.

Sparky advertised here, but you PURCHASED the mod DIRECT from Sparkys site.

so what you are saying is the same as advertisers advertise everyday in newspapers/magazines/public transport so these are where you try and get support from if you have any issues with what was advertised.

a PUBLIC forum is not where you get support for mods. etc., yes you may get some help from the forum community, but the best support is direct from the developers.

sometimes we all have WHMCS issues and 9/10 these can be corrected or sorted through help from the community, but their is always issues that you ned to oped support tickets direct.

I have done nothing wrong is this thread but direct you to open a ticket on sparkys site, which even sparky has informed you to do, but for some reason you think this is wrong.

I don't see why he can't get initial help here. The product was made specifically for WHMCS. I do believe that if you take a look at cPanel forum they do help with installation and trouble shooting of products that were made to be used with cPanel. Of course there are somethings that do need to be answered in a ticket with the 3rd party provider, but for a start you should be able to ask for help here if it is specific to being used in WHMCS.

I don't see why he can't get initial help here. The product was made specifically for WHMCS. I do believe that if you take a look at cPanel forum they do help with installation and trouble shooting of products that were made to be used with cPanel. Of course there are somethings that do need to be answered in a ticket with the 3rd party provider, but for a start you should be able to ask for help here if it is specific to being used in WHMCS.

Look at it this way:

If you have a cd player from Sony, and it plays all 300 of your cd's just fine, then you are happy, right?

Now let's say you buy a new a cd, and it won't play on your Sony CD player. Would you call Sony and complain, or would you go to the store where you bought the cd and complain to them?

You wouldn't call Sony, or email them to complain about the store, you would go straight to the store itself.

In this case, Sparky made your cd, WHMCSS made your cd player.

Sparky has offered to help resolve your issue, and his reputation here indicates that he probably will. All he is asking is that you do it through his support channel, rather than through WHMCS.

It seems to me that, in the time you have made all of these posts, you could have just opened a ticket with him and had your problem solved by now.

Edited by Strother

I was asking others (forum) if they ran into this issue since the original start of this 3rd party mod was here "this" would be the best place to ask "others" to try to get the fastest response rather than like you said wait for 1 person to respond.

Sure thing here, I have used Sparky's Client Homepage Mod, for quite some time now and never ran into issues like your image. Normally it is as simple as following the instructions, and normally you are all go - and if you every run into issues, then a quick support ticket to Sparky will get it sorted. You will find he will pull his neck out to sort your issue out for you.

a quick support ticket to Sparky will get it sorted.

If you read the whole thread you will see that several others have told the OP to do this, even sparky has stated this, but the OP just cant be bothered to do this and instead started another thread trying to blame WHMCS

The forum here is a place to ask others for support, I'm not going to debate the forums though, the name of the thread wasn't directed to "only" you for support, it was a simple thread to see if anyone else ran into this issue, if no one responded then they haven't and so be it.

Well the developer of the mod is here (sparky), and has asked you to open a ticket within his support department on his website. Now i assume you have some sort of brain in that head of yours and if not, i will put it clearly just for you.

The person that made the mod is the best person to deal with support requests. If i buy from whmcs and need support, i dont go to my datacentre and ask them for support, i contact whmcs and ask them. this is what sparky is asking you to do and you never know, your support request to sparky may highlight a shortcoming that can be fixed in a future release and eliminate further support requests on this same matter. He is the best person to deal with your request and as previously stated, whmcs forums are not the place for support requests for third-party mods especially when the third party has their own support systems in place.

• 3 weeks later...
Sparky advertised here, but you PURCHASED the mod DIRECT from Sparkys site.

so what you are saying is the same as advertisers advertise everyday in newspapers/magazines/public transport so these are where you try and get support from if you have any issues with what was advertised.

a PUBLIC forum is not where you get support for mods. etc., yes you may get some help from the forum community, but the best support is direct from the developers.

sometimes we all have WHMCS issues and 9/10 these can be corrected or sorted through help from the community, but their is always issues that you ned to oped support tickets direct.

I have done nothing wrong is this thread but direct you to open a ticket on sparkys site, which even sparky has informed you to do, but for some reason you think this is wrong.

Your posts are nothing but side tracking gibberish.

But to respond if I see an advertisement in the newspaper and take the ad placer up on their offer and something goes wrong, yes I can contact the newspaper for support in regards to it. Can't you?

If you can not then you should thinking about your marketing goals when you're not busy trolling threads. That is if you have marketing goals or even know what they are. I will have to further guess that you don't even know what purchasing power is and how to use it to your advantage in your marketing plans? Weekend hosters make me LOL

If you read the whole thread you will see that several others have told the OP to do this, even sparky has stated this, but the OP just cant be bothered to do this and instead started another thread trying to blame WHMCS

That post is blaming WHMCS?

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?48459-Standards-for-3rd-party-producers

It sure looks like a thread that is asking WHMCS to better protect its users not to just let any Joe Schmo act as if they are a developer here. That is unreasonable? Maybe to those who are Joe Schmo like you.

Hope one day they get rid of the trolls as well.

No I can't be bothered to open a ticket with Sparky regardless of you or Sparky posting it, and how is that any of your business that you would come into this thread and hijack it and slander me in it?

As I posted in the other thread

I no longer want to open tickets with 3rd party mod developers because all they reply with is "give me access" I don't want to give access to anyone other than WHMCS and now no longer give them access either unless it is very very much needed.

The "reason" is because of what just happen with WHMCS, who is to say it won't happen again or happen elsewhere? After all like "YOU" said in your troll reply "NOT endorsed by WHMCS", and now we are at risk over there "seen or unseen risk" but I don't think you can comprehend unseen risk!

That is "my" reason, you don't like it then mind your frigging trolling business and don't respond in my posts, because nothing but gibberish comes out of it. Go steal other peoples threads maybe they enjoy trolls.

In regards to your news paper response, well lets see a newspaper would be like the front end, yet in my admin backend I have a section that these mods are listed in, so to answer your question, if a newspaper had this type of access to be in my face then yes I would 100% expect them to be certified or at the least to be to some sort of "trustable standards"!

Well the developer of the mod is here (sparky), and has asked you to open a ticket within his support department on his website. Now i assume you have some sort of brain in that head of yours and if not, i will put it clearly just for you.

The person that made the mod is the best person to deal with support requests. If i buy from whmcs and need support, i dont go to my datacentre and ask them for support, i contact whmcs and ask them. this is what sparky is asking you to do and you never know, your support request to sparky may highlight a shortcoming that can be fixed in a future release and eliminate further support requests on this same matter. He is the best person to deal with your request and as previously stated, whmcs forums are not the place for support requests for third-party mods especially when the third party has their own support systems in place.

The other trolling idiot of the forums.

You just like easyhosting only post junk and fight in all the threads you post in, you and easyhosting should form a partnership you're obviously made for each other.