Refund Request

Matt28376

If we get a cnacellation request from a client then the first thing we do is contact the client asking if their is anything we can do to help them stay, we also place in the message the time the cron will carry out their request, so if they want help etc. to contact us before this time.

We have seen us to keep a client freeze their payments for a couple of months. We have also had clients contact us after the cron saying they made a mistake and wondering where their site has gone.

Clearly another person that knows nothing about running a business. How are you going to blame WHMCS on this one, when you clearly don't even know how to manage a billing system yourself? Are you saying that if you never got a confirmation from your clients on a cancel, then that would have been your fault? That's what your saying to WHMCS.

I see this crap all the time. People don't follow through on their cancellations, or Paypal subscriptions, but yet, that is some how my fault...

If your really going to manage a system using WHMCS, your going to be dealing with people just like you... Might be a good idea to look in the mirror before you do.

I can say this, any person searching your company, as many do before they buy, will see these posts, because you have kindly posted your links in your signature and will very likely give you the middle finger as they move on to a more "professional" company. I know for one i would, you really should think about how your responses affect your business image before you post.

I like the fact i WILL bend over backwards to help my clients, and they know it. Do i feel that they are taking advantage of my good nature. Not in the least, there are times that niggly issues can grate a nerve. but you just take a deep breath and get on with your job... professionally.

The client is always right. id rather lose a few quid that a few clients. buck up and act professionally, please! if you wish to continue this discussion, and i use that term tentatively. Then by all means inbox me but im not going to get into some sort of slanging match on a forum because you have a gripe based on an opinion or belief that is dubious at best.

If you prefer not to then Please refer to my response in the split topic and I rest my case.

Edited by disgruntled

Matt

The rest is really immaterial, you have it appears by your response dealt with the issue at hand. but i would like you to look over the two threads when you have some spare time, there are some areas that could address this sort of issue within the system. the one i would point out here follows.

Overpayment notices to admin at a minimum would be a step in the right direction and at least allow us to manually deal with these. notices or emails to the client also would be a further step, this surely will solve the problem of angry clients because of an oversight/overpayment.

suggestion:

Client overpaid - automated notice to billing admin and/or notice/email to client.

Dear {$client}

Our records reflect an over-payment of {$amount} on your account for {$service}. We have taken the liberty to automatically credit your account for this over payment.

You may if you wish, hold the credit on your account and use it at a later date as you see fit.

Your payment method is a subscription. If you prefer you may cancel your subscription and create a new subscription after your credit has been used up.

Yours Sincerely
{$companyname}

I understand this can be done already, and this template can be added and sent manually, but there is currently no way of knowing that an overpayment had been made without manually verifying each and every payment ever made and checking the account balance of after each payment. This is time consuming and impractical, automation will eliminate this matter very easily.

You will know yourself no doubt that there are better uses of support time than dealing with overpayments.

Edited by disgruntled