Ugnazi has now hacked into mybb.com

Looks like they used namecheap and namecheap gave them the domain basically. These guys aren't so much hackers as .. I dont know how you'd put it .. social engineers? Just goes to show that you gotta be careful who you dealt with. It's seeming more and more prudent that talk I had with my datacenter how I wouldn't ever ask for things such as passwords from them, after the MyBB attack, maybe I need to have a similar one with my registrar.

Looks like they used namecheap and namecheap gave them the domain basically. These guys aren't so much hackers as .. I dont know how you'd put it .. social engineers? Just goes to show that you gotta be careful who you dealt with. It's seeming more and more prudent that talk I had with my datacenter how I wouldn't ever ask for things such as passwords from them, after the WHMCS attack, maybe I need to have a similar one with my registrar.

well all namecheap ever ask for is your username and they will give you anything in relation to your account.

well all namecheap ever ask for is your username and they will give you anything in relation to your account.

I've noticed that as well, while talking to them via Live Chat. They need to implement more account-related security measures.

Isn't the name namecheap a bit of a giveaway concerning their service?

their support is usually good for domains, but they lack SSL skills, even though according to Comodo they are one of their biggest resellers when it comes to SSL renewals Namecheap will always mess them up.

but this is now getting off topic

UGNazi have also hacked huffingtonpost. While Anonymous is claiming the hack of the Department of Justice earlier last week, some people appear to be pointing at the UGNazi guys for a hand in it also.

We'll see how it plays out - ComCast was also hit by UGNazi around the 20th or so.

Edited by easyhosting

dont tell them that, i once did and got an email from their CEO who told if i did not like they way they did things then i am always free to find another registrar

I really hope you took them up on their offer!

Call either Enom or Resellers club, chat with a rep and ask for a 1 time discount to move these names, they are pretty good this way.

Edited by Nexxterra

TPP Internet and Reseller club both have good reseller prices, although the Reseller club admin panel really leaves a lot to be desired.

Reseller club works best when you run it from within your WHMCS.

yes i have a resellerclub account linked to my WHMCS, just i have had my personal domains registered between 123-reg and namecheap for many years well before i set up the resellerclub account. i still rather keep my personal domains away from my business system

dont tell them that, i once did and got an email from their CEO who told if i did not like they way they did things then i am always free to find another registrar

And my response would have been thank you very kindly for your invitation to do just that. Goodbye

yes i have a resellerclub account linked to my WHMCS, just i have had my personal domains registered between 123-reg and namecheap for many years well before i set up the resellerclub account. i still rather keep my personal domains away from my business system

Thats good practice, seperate the personal from the business it saves a lot of hassle later on in the accounting