WHMCS.com client area

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

This is obviously a very freak occurrence, but we do obviously apologise for any inconvenience it is causing.

Please rest assured we are doing everything we can to get things back online and operational as soon as possible.

Matt

I was in the middle of an upgrade and needed to reissue the license because the whmcs directory changed and ip changed. Now I cannot finish the upgrade.

How much do I have to pay to never have to connect to a license server?

Probably a few hundred to a few thousand, you cant have whmcs license module free without a hacked copy, this would invalidate any licensing you held anyway.

Your only solution here to to pay for a developer to build your own control panel.

Of course the contract must be airtight in this case and if possible ensure that the code is done on a computer system in your offices, that way the code is legally yours because the developer is working for you and not as a seperate entity.

Edited by disgruntled

Probably a few hundred to a few thousand, you cant have whmcs license module free without a hacked copy, this would invalidate any licensing you held anyway.

It would be a fairly simply thing to make a copy of whmcs that would only run under a certain domain. That way it could not be used for multiple web sites and it would not have to connect to a silly license server.

I agree with Shannon. Our website doesn't go offline if Google Analytics goes down...there's got to be a better way to handle licensing. I recognize that you need to protect your intellectual property, but we need some protection as well.

Google Analytics is not the same thing unfortunately. It is simply HTML code that you include in your pages directly. If it goes down, some browsers may not display the page properly or take longer than normal to display it as they wait for a response for the JavaScripts being linked to.

If it goes down, some browsers may not display the page properly or take longer than normal to display it as they wait for a response for the JavaScripts being linked to.

That really depends on the ordering of css and js in the page, if ordered correctly you should never know that google was off unless your actually monitoring the page in for instance network tab of the chrome dev tools.

When ordered correctly the css loads before the scripts so the page loads normally as far as the visual appearance is concerned.