WHMCS.com client area

• WHMCS CEO

The MySQL service is currently down and having trouble restarting but we're working on it. However you should not be experiencing any licensing errors unless there was a problem with your local key meaning it was not valid before the downtime as WHMCS doesn't call home all the time.

Matt

Your license key Owned-026xxxxxxxxxxxxxx is invalid. Possible reasons for this include:

The license key has been entered incorrectly

The domain being used to access your install has changed

The IP address your install is located on has changed

The directory you are using has changed

If required, you can reissue your license from our client area on demand @ http://www.whmcs.com/members/clientarea.php to update the allowed install location.

Got a new license key? Click here to enter it

and obviously i cannot

Your license key Owned-026xxxxxxxxxxxxxx is invalid. Possible reasons for this include:

The license key has been entered incorrectly

The domain being used to access your install has changed

The IP address your install is located on has changed

The directory you are using has changed

If required, you can reissue your license from our client area on demand @ http://www.whmcs.com/members/clientarea.php to update the allowed install location.

Got a new license key? Click here to enter it

and obviously i cannot

Your license must have been due a recheck. Mine is an owned one too and its up as i said.

We just got bombarded with calls that clients could not login to their client portal? Licensing server down? Entire system was down.

Shouldn't there be a backup plan in case your licensing server goes down so that our businesses don't suffer?

There is, the system does periodic call home for license checks, there must have been several failed over the last 14 days to cause a lock out. that suggest something amiss.

Although why your client area was down i will never know because according to the documentation your client area will remain active even after your admin area is locked down.

I am finding the more time i spend in this forum the less i am liking whmcs. so many flaws in the whole thing. oh how i wish i was a great coder. ah well maybe tomorrow.

Looks like the main site has been hacked by ugnazi hacker group. I am still seeing license errors on my side and can't log in. Ugh

Looks like whmcs may have to re-evaluate security measures.

I mean look at it this way. Why bother hacking thousands of sites when you can hit them all with on attack.

The licensing is flawed it seems.

I was in the middle of an upgrade and needed to reissue the license because the whmcs directory changed and ip changed. Now I cannot finish the upgrade.

How much do I have to pay to never have to connect to a license server?

I have the same issue...license error. License is valid through a reseller (they bill me automatically). I find it difficult to believe that it's merely coincidence that all these people are having license errors, so I don't think it's that we all let our licenses expire.

Tried emailing a support ticket to you guys and it appears your email pipe is broken as well. I feel for you guys...good luck.

Whilst it probably does not help.

Only the admin is affected when the licence call fails. Users can still login and do things.

While I understand what you're saying, users submitting tickets or placing orders doesn't help us if we cannot login and reply to their tickets or activate said orders. Just a thought :lol: