Myminecraft.eu Trying to Commit Fraud

Ok normally i don't come on here and make posts like this but this guy -email removed- is such a horrible * i thought I would share the story ...

It all started with him ordering a WHMCS Integration which was delivered. He uploaded it and i saw the template live on his whmcs.

Now a day latter I get a mail from paypal:

Recently, PayPal received a notification from a user regarding unauthorized access to his PayPal account. As a result, one of the payments credited to your PayPal account has been placed in a temporary hold while we investigate the claim. PayPal constantly monitors transactions for unauthorized use of accounts in order to maintain the safety of our users.

The details of this transaction are as follows:

Transaction Date: May 12, 2012

Transaction Amount: $22.00 USD

Buyer's Email: admin@myminecraft.eu

If you have already shipped goods related to this transaction, you may be covered under PayPal's Seller Protection Policy. Please provide PayPal with the following information:

1) Tracking Number of Shipment

2) Shipping Company Used

3) Shipping Insurance Information (if used)

If you have provided a refund to the buyer, please provide PayPal with the following information:

1) Date of Refund

2) Amount of Refund

For you to be protected by our Seller Protection Policy, you must reply to this email. We need to receive all correspondence regarding this case within 7 days. If you have any questions, please reply to this email.

Good selling practices, like trackable shipping, prompt shipment, and communication between buyer and seller help prevent disputes.

So i go back and check his site and sure enough the whmcs theme changed - well he only changed the header and footer to make it look like he did the integration on his own - though other files such as extensive changes i do to the css files were not changes (though if he reads this he will probably change it now). So i email him and tell him to remove the theme from his site as what he is doing is the same as theft or fraud, and this is what he mailed me (from the exact same email address and IP that he ordered from and submitted support tickets from)

I'm afraid don't know what you're talking about, I haven't ordered an integration with you and the theme on the site was written by myself using notepad++ and the guides on the WHMCS website.

Also I have no records of any outgoing e-mails to you, so I'm not sure how the files have been acquired.

Information collected during my report indicated a security breach, by someone who claimed to be from Microsoft and wanted to run a remote scan to check the performance, for viruses, reliability etc of the Windows 8 CP and this seemed legit at the time. Until we realized the first occurrence of money taken from my bank, we started getting suspicious and looked into more details and also found outgoing FTP connections from our machine and strange payments on PayPal.

Sorry if this has caused any stress or confusion, but if you compare your integration with the active site I'm sure you'll notice differences as nobody does everything exactly the same.

Kind Regards,

MyMinecraft Support Team.

So he is really going to use the story that someone breached his paypal account and decided to order a WHMCS Integration for his site and even took the time to upload it to HIS WHMCS and test it out? I guess he forgot to say someone hacked his email and home computer too?

Here is the original integration

https://scriptinstallation.ca/billing/index.php?systpl=myminecraftv5

and his

https://myminecraft.eu/supporttickets.php

Obviously he made some header/footer changes but compare the css files (till he changes them).

Before he can change it i made a copy of his bootstrap.css file at http://scriptinstallation.ca/1/bootstrap.css (if someone wants to post a verification that this is the same css file on his site before he changes it in case someone doesn't believe me) to compare with https://scriptinstallation.ca/billing/templates/myminecraftv5/css/bootstrap.css

So if this guy tries to do business with you I would avoid him.

Edited by Infopro
removed email address

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As stated in our e-mail we our telling the truth, I mentioned that our computer was scanned by a group claiming to be from Microsoft; for posting my e-mail addressed to you publicly you've breached consumer data protection laws in the United Kingdom.

We are not attempting to commit fraud, and it does seem somebody's tampered with our version of the integration; if it'd would make you happy I'll pay whatever fee's required despite not ordering the service, if you'd remove the derogative comments towards us before legal action is taking against yourselves for sharing customer data without consent.

At the current time steps are being taking to resolve the security breach, at the moment our site is in security and performance testing so during this phase mistakes are likely to be made and is part of the learning process; the whole reason of this testing before launch is to ensure consumer safety.

Regards,

CEO of MyMinecraft Hosting.

Thats the problem with digital delivery items, they are not covered under the selling protections. bottom line here if you use paypal for digital you should expect the chance of losing your money. This goes for all hosting providers too.

i would fight this just out of principal, authorise paypal to create an installation, pro-bono of course and allow their developers to look over the installed theme/server logs. This way they can tell what is accessed, who accessed it and why.

Other than this, your on a hiding to nothing sorry to say.

I am quite confused here, What is the reason for server access being required in the first place?

Have the client send you the integration source, integrate it, zip it, send it.

A theme installation/integration is nothing more than uploading a directory with contents into the templates directory.

Giving server access just isnt required.

Yes the data is from our machines it seems, and it wasn't done so they could work on our theme; it seems to be an attempt to frame us as a fraudulent company, I'm aware of several people who'd of been likely to have pulled this off, and investigating who has done this.

Please remove these comments, and we can resolve the issue via e-mail; like I said I'd be happy to make the payment to settle this dispute, I understand from the past that people not making payments can be upsetting and frustrating; I don't intentionally mean to take away any payment for your hard work; I wasn't aware of ever placing an order with you.

@Disgruntled This isn't far fetched at all, I've been on the run from a group of people for a long time who've been attempting to destroy my reputation for years as back in my school years their we're a couple of wierdo's who kept trying to be like myself (a skilled programmer, who could read and write English + Japanese, along with some Spanish and French) I kept turning them away as I found their lack of English frustrating (15 year old's that can't write a complete sentence, not there fault and I do feel sorry for them being autistic).

But these kids (adults now) became obsessed with ruining my life as a sort of revenge I believe, and it seems they've hit my company reputation very hard again (2 years since their last attack).

I've changed my identify (used aliases, appearance etc) , IP address, company name and more to avoid these kid's (or adults now)

What ever has been done, I want to rectify the damage caused to other companies and take steps to prevent attacks against my company and self again.

The steps I'll be taking will include, changing my phone number and avoiding from any companies who I have not requested to contact me.

My life has been very complicated, so I'll always be on the run it seems until such time as these kids (adults now) either get arrested or bored of making my life as challenging as they can.

Though once identifying which one has committed this against my company, I'll be sending a letter directly to there parents in request for an application to be installed on their computer to prevent connections to anything containing my details (using .NET to access a database and trigger a port block when certain traffic data is detected.)

Regards,

Jordan.

and more threats

Hello,

You've continued to spread derogatory comments over the Internet and sharing my personal details, I'm now going to be seeking legal action against your company under the UK Data Protection act as your behaviour is unprofessional and illegal, it is against British Law to publish derogatory comments about other company's when you're also a company; and can result in action from European Courts, we've made offers to resolve this matter to you and despite our efforts to draw a resolution you've continued to spread my personal contact details and I've now been tracked down even further by a hacker who has been attempting to cause problems for me in the past.

I highly recommend that the comments are removed, before legal action is pursued and a fine for damages to our company without justification as I'm speaking the truth, and our conversation should be kept private in a formal setting and not on public display.

Regards,

Jordan.

Please be my guest. We shall see how they feel about someone who commits fraud? Not that I am subject to British laws but I would be more then happy to provide them with information i have acquired on you and your previous business practices. And also not that this is subject to the data protection act - as you yourself have stated you are not a client of mine and i have no obligations to you. Though i am not sure how i continue to spread more information when i have not even replied here again until you decided to send me that email.

Though i do get a chuckle out of someone who commits fraud threatening legal action ...

Edited by wwesn

and more threats

Please be my guest. We shall see how they feel about someone who commits fraud? Not that I am subject to British laws but I would be more then happy to provide them with information i have acquired on you and your previous business practices. And also not that this is subject to the data protection act - as you yourself have stated you are not a client of mine and i have no obligations to you. Though i am not sure how i continue to spread more information when i have not even replied here again until you decided to send me that email.

as you are not in the UK or Europe they you have nothing to worry about, but i think companies house will be interested in them. check the bottom of their site

Company No. 000000 [MyMinecraft LTD]

they are not a ltd company so cant call themeselves a ltd company ( breach of companies act) and can lead to a £1000 fine

also under UK law a company MUST display their full postal address on any online sites

I have screenshots just incase they decide to change this

as you are not in the UK or Europe they you have nothing to worry about, but i think companies house will be interested in them. check the bottom of their site

Company No. 000000 [MyMinecraft LTD]

they are not a ltd company so cant call themeselves a ltd company ( breach of companies act) and can lead to a £1000 fine

also under UK law a company MUST display their full postal address on any online sites

I have screenshots just incase they decide to change this

For pete's sake, we're not starting trading yet and the documents are being processed at Company's House still, it's a weekend so mail doesn't arrive.

If everyone insists on picking at everything, I am not a * and was unaware of this purchase with them, the true * is whmcsintegrations.ca who are sharing contact data and rather than professional dealing with the situation by making an agreement in private (not crying out like a baby in public) they should of sent a letter to us, phoned us etc.

We offered to resolve the problem and make the payment to them despite not ordering the service, and they refused an continued spreading abuse on other forums which is in it's own right an illegal act for another company to post derogatory comments in public.

Upon completion of the site's documents, we'll update the company number and include the postal address; but considering nobody was visiting the site as no advertising has been published yet and sales not accepted until further notice; I hardly believe it's an issue.

For pete's sake, we're not starting trading yet and the documents are being processed at Company's House still, it's a weekend so mail doesn't arrive.

If everyone insists on picking at everything, I am not a * and was unaware of this purchase with them, the true * is whmcsintegrations.ca who are sharing contact data and rather than professional dealing with the situation by making an agreement in private (not crying out like a baby in public) they should of sent a letter to us, phoned us etc.

We offered to resolve the problem and make the payment to them despite not ordering the service, and they refused an continued spreading abuse on other forums which is in it's own right an illegal act for another company to post derogatory comments in public.

Upon completion of the site's documents, we'll update the company number and include the postal address; but considering nobody was visiting the site as no advertising has been published yet and sales not accepted until further notice; I hardly believe it's an issue.

regardless weekend or not you are given your company number as soon as you register with anyone. i should know having 3 ltd companies. Your number is also added to the companies house register straight away, you cannot call yourself a ltd company until confirmed by companies house, also any company registered and awaiting to be placed on the register is still listed with companies house in the proposed list.

regardless if you are trading or not if the site is LIVE you must comply with the LAW

Edited by easyhosting

despite not ordering the service

Some of it would have been believable except for the fact that you replied to my original email (which you claim i never contacted you) by stating that the integration on your site was done by yourself.

the theme on the site was written by myself using notepad++ and the guides on the WHMCS website

You took credit for it personally and upon my reviewing of the files on your site i could see that in fact you actually did use files that I provided. So you take credit for doing it but when pointed out that some of the original files were in fact from the integration by me you then turn around and say that someone must have edited your files?

it does seem somebody's tampered with our version of the integration

Then you say that you are not accepting sales on your site until further notice, and I do notice that you put the whmcs in offline mode with the message "Our site security has been compromised, we'll be back shortly to ensure customer safety." which if is true then why was this not done when you supposedly knew about it instead of until after this thread was started?

As for your offer to pay after the fact - it stopped being about the money when you threatened me in order to cover up your fraud.

Edited by wwesn

Some of it would have been believable except for the fact that you replied to my original email (which you claim i never contacted you) by stating that the integration on your site was done by yourself.

You took credit for it personally and upon my reviewing of the files on your site i could see that in fact you actually did use files that I provided. So you take credit for doing it but when pointed out that some of the original files were in fact from the integration by me you then turn around and say that someone must have edited your files?

Then you say that you are not accepting sales on your site until further notice, and I do notice that you put the whmcs in offline mode with the message "Our site security has been compromised, we'll be back shortly to ensure customer safety." which if is true then why was this not done when you supposedly knew about it instead of until after this thread was started?

I replied to your original e-mail regarding the payment dispute, which is the first time I contacted you with my knowledge; it may have been while my e-mails we're compromised that they we're deleted so I never saw them.

I never checked my files after I had made an integration so was unaware that changes we're being made, of course when I saw this thread I looked into it further and someone had been using FTP to make adjustments from Ealing, Bristol.

I was unaware of the security breach of my site until today when you contacted me, I was only aware of payments from my bank which turned out to be through PayPal; though no customer data was risk because our database is blank at the moment. (Only testing our hardware and training staff)

Can we please resolve this problem today, and made the payment to you so this can be settled?

My IP addresses is static, the order could of well been placed from my IP as I mentioned the person I thought was from Microsoft was running scans on my computer, which could of well made my machine act as a proxy server.

So also my e-mails, whmcs login and everything else could of been accessed via my password bank.

I can't apologize enough for the trouble, and I don't preferable want to take legal action but sometimes just by stating facts from the Bristish Law book people will respond to the situation and work out the problem; in other cases it turns the other way like this seems to have.

I only want the comments removed and for your to get your money, so everyones happy and I can go back to focusing on preparing to serve my customers.

OOPs another law breaking act

on your site you list yourself as Company No. 000000 [MyMinecraft LTD] and then in your whois you list as MyMinecraft Europe LTD, but neither are registered or on companies house proposed register.

i have screenshots to show to companies house for breach of the Companies Act

My IP addresses is static, the order could of well been placed from my IP as I mentioned the person I thought was from Microsoft was running scans on my computer, which could of well made my machine act as a proxy server.

So also my e-mails, whmcs login and everything else could of been accessed via my password bank.

I can't apologize enough for the trouble, and I don't preferable want to take legal action but sometimes just by stating facts from the Bristish Law book people will respond to the situation and work out the problem; in other cases it turns the other way like this seems to have.

I only want the comments removed and for your to get your money, so everyones happy and I can go back to focusing on preparing to serve my customers.

so now Microsoft has scammed Paul into an integration for a cheap looking templated website. also you dont know the law as with Paul not being in the UK or Europe then UK/European law cant do anything.

Edited by easyhosting

OOPs another law breaking act

on your site you list yourself as Company No. 000000 [MyMinecraft LTD] and then in your whois you list as MyMinecraft Europe LTD, but neither are registered or on companies house proposed register.

i have screenshots to show to companies house for breach of the Companies Act

That's because the name on the website hasn't been updated yet, the site wasn't live either (I switched on to see what was going on with it, to see what had been changed.) I've also been turning on and off the last couple of days, testing links etc.

As for the domain, of courses it going to show the business name; I had to enter it during registration, same I day that the details we're sent to company house (which should of arrived Friday)

Can you please stop trying to pick every little flaw, it's just petty and not required; I doubt company's house has a problem with a site popping up and down while there processing the documents. (By mid-next week, everything will be registered and details on site updated.)

so now Microsoft has scammed Paul into an integration for a cheap looking templated website. also you dont know the law as with Paul not being in the UK or Europe then UK/European law cant do anything.

They claimed to be from Microsoft, but it was somebody I went to school with who has been trying to cause issues for a long time; you're really being awkward about this, can you leave the thread and I'm trying to settle the dispute with Paul (I'm not a *, and would happily make the payment if this will resolve the issue.)

I doubt company's house has a problem with a site popping up and down while there processing the documents. (By mid-next week, everything will be registered and details on site updated.)

as soon as your site pops up live even for testing then it should comply with the law as this can be visited by anyone trawling.

A company registration number is given instantly as soon as you register a ltd company and the company details are placed on the pending list at companies house (7 days a week) until finally being approved and placed on the main register. This is so as soon as you register the comapny is logged so cannot then be registered by anyone else.

as soon as your site pops up live even for testing then it should comply with the law as this can be visited by anyone trawling.

A company registration number is given instantly as soon as you register a ltd company and the company details are placed on the pending list at companies house (7 days a week) until finally being approved and placed on the main register. This is so as soon as you register the comapny is logged so cannot then be registered by anyone else.

Yes but unlike you, this is done using pen and paper and via snail mail; so registration can't just appear instantly, I live in a poorer area of the UK without access to fancy services such as a reliable broadband connection.

How can I write the website if it doesn't pop up and down for testing, and google analytics showed no connections apart from myself to until today; it's hardly been indexed by Google or any search engine yet either.

If it helps settle you, I'll call Company House today and get the company added to the list until the documents arrive with them.

Yes but unlike you, this is done using pen and paper and via snail mail; so registration can't just appear instantly, I live in a poorer area of the UK without access to fancy services such as a reliable broadband connection.

How can I write the website if it doesn't pop up and down for testing, and google analytics showed no connections apart from myself to until today; it's hardly been indexed by Google or any search engine yet either.

If it helps settle you, I'll call Company House today and get the company added to the list until the documents arrive with them.

then you can call your yourself or register a domain under a ltd comaopny name until you are confirmed witha co number.

many website design packages like dreamweaver allow you to test a sites pages without making it live