New WHMCS (v3.2) theme in development...

You asked for opinions, so im giving it.

im personally sick and tired of showcases that have nothing to actually "showcase". All you did was apply your own header and change a couple of colors. How is that specially and worthy of showcasing?

It does look nice, i will give you that, but its nothing special. Someone do something worth bragging about like Allurehost.

You asked for opinions, so im giving it.

im personally sick and tired of showcases that have nothing to actually "showcase". All you did was apply your own header and change a couple of colors. How is that specially and worthy of showcasing?

It does look nice, i will give you that, but its nothing special. Someone do something worth bragging about like Allurehost.

Whilst I agree with you in principal :) I think the problem is that while the forum name "WHMCS Showcase" suggests the displaying of customized designs the forum description

"If you have integrated WHMCS into your website and wish to show off your integration, this is the place to do it" suggests its ok to post about basic site integration.

Although I would hardly call the above example site integration. :)

A showcase is a showcase is a showcase. It doesn't matter if you just modifed the header and footer templates, because the name of this topic is Showcase and not "Showcase your Custom Modifications".

Nice job HostAjax!

Matthew.

Ok guys,

Someone (Matt?) please define "WHMCS Showcase".

I fail to see see how "WHMCS Showcase" means "WHMCS Showcase - only if you have made major changes"

Or perhaps I dont understand English? :roll:

Bagging someone for posting here becuse it doesnt meet what you consider a decent enough change seems a little rough.

Cheers,

Paul

Sorry but I have to agree and thought it strange that everyone doing a normal install would "showcase" their site! So please correct us if we are wrong, but showcase means (quoted from dictionary.com)

show·case /ˈʃoʊˌkeɪs/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[shoh-keys] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, -cased, -cas·ing, adjective

–noun

1. a glass case for the display and protection of articles in shops, museums, etc.

2. an exhibit or display, usually of an ideal or representative model of something.

3. the setting, place, or vehicle for displaying something on a trial basis: The club is a showcase for new comics.

–verb (used with object)

4. to exhibit or display.

5. to present in or as if in an entertainment showcase: The bar showcases young jazz pianists.

6. to show to best advantage: The part minimizes her acting ability and showcases her singing.

7. to present as a special event: The TV network plans to showcase a new production of the play.

–adjective

8. prominently or proudly regarded or presented: a showcase city.

I completely agree with PPH, when i think of showcase, i think of car show of special cars, just not an average parking lot.

I also think if people think their site is special enough to showcase, they should be willing to be critiqued. If your not, then dont showcase it.

I honestly am not trying to be rude to people about this, I am just expressing my opinion and i really do not think that people try hard enough to customize the whmcs client frontend. Especially all these web hosts that claim to do web design as well.

I apologize for hijacking this post, that was not my intention. I do think that hostajax has a decently clean site. I would just like to see people try a little harder if they are going to showcase their sites.

I'd showcase my site.. but it isn't anything special.. but to each his own.. it might also act as a way for people who have yet to install it and give it a go.. to see what can be easily.. and on the other end.. done with more work

I participate in another forum based on shopping carts.. and we see it all.. from the stocks to heavy modded.. It may also give the newbie site a little exposure as I have not looked to see if there is a no follow for se on links

If it makes people feel good to post their site, let em. who cares. if it makes them feel special about what they did, let em.

Simple template modifications can be a big task for some users. If they are proud of what they accomplished, then let em make a post about it.

Hello all, this is a new WHMCS (v3.2) theme in development, please comment...

Visit: hostajax.com

I like your designs, especially the green tick next to the company name, it really stands out even though I still dont understand what it represents, it got a nice glassy effect and its good.

As for the integration it is good to atleast know how to add a page to the whmcs system and to actually change the picture of the banner. Simply thats all you have done. You have changed the WHMCS Client Portal header image to your own one and added a page for WHMCS as for those who dont know how to do visit:

support.whmcs.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&catid=7&id=26

Anyway, all im saying is its good what you've done and thats about it.

I would really recommend you actually go off and buy a template for your web hosting site as adding pages to your whmcs system which is generally classified as the Support Area wont and doesnt look so attractive.

Have nice day!