Problem setting up hosting on multiple servers

DAH5Hosting

Hi

I have a problem with my WHMCS installation. I have access to 2 different servers and have set them up correctly within WHMCS.

The problem is they are in 2 different locations. I have set up identical packages on both servers and would like it to setup that customer's hosting on the server belonging to the package they choose. (i.e. US Business would be on the US server and EU Business would be on the EU server)

Currently hosting will only get setup automatically on the default active server. (Currently my US server since I had access to that server first)

I have just recently upgraded to have another server available and would like it to setup customer's hosting on that server should they choose one of that server's packages.

Returned in an email to me is the following error: (Curl Error) Couldn't resolve host '' - code: 6

Does anyone know how I can resolve this so I don't need to manually change the server their hosting will be setup on and set it up manually?

50% off my Business package on either US or EU server for the successful helper who fixes this problem for me should he/she want it.

Kind Regards

David Hunter

Administrator & Owner

DAH5 Hosting

http://www.dah5hosting.com

admin@dah5hosting.com

Hello David,

I'm not sure if this is what you're already doing but what I'd so is setup 1 separate package for each location, e.g:

Starter Plan (US)

Starter Plan (EU)

In WHMCS under setup > servers. Create 2 groups one EU with the EU server assigned and the other US with the US server assigned.

Now underneath the WHM package name under the modules tab you'll be able to select the correct server group for each one. That way you won't have to do it manually.

Jack

Hi Jack

Thank you for replying. I have set up the package name as Starter US in WHM and entered that on the module tab in WHMCS on the package details page. I have also created separate groups for each location and put the server for that location in that group. I chose the group for that location on the module tab on the package details page.

This didn't fix the problem. I still get that same error. Any other ideas?

David

Thank you for your reply.

This didn't solve the problem. I can setup the hosting on server2 manually but can't sutomatically for some reason. I also found out that WHMCS tries to setup hosting for a package that is on server2 on server1. I need to change this manually which I'd like to fix.

Kind Regards

David

This didn't solve the problem. I can setup the hosting on server2 manually but can't sutomatically for some reason. I also found out that WHMCS tries to setup hosting for a package that is on server2 on server1. I need to change this manually which I'd like to fix.

Kind Regards

David

you have some configuration settings wrong somewhere, we have 3 servers and our WHMCS is on a fourth server and all run 100% automated from our WHMCS

Hi

As far as I can see all the configuration settings are fine. My US hosting is automated but my EU hosting doesn't and returned the error mentioned above in an email.

My WHMCS is on server one (US) and it works fine on there but I can't get things automated on the EU server.

David

Hi

As far as I can see all the configuration settings are fine. My US hosting is automated but my EU hosting doesn't and returned the error mentioned above in an email.

My WHMCS is on server one (US) and it works fine on there but I can't get things automated on the EU server.

David

http://docs.whmcs.com/Common_Troubleshooting_Tips#Server_Command_Error_-_Curl_Error_-_Couldn.27t_resolve_host__.286.29

Server Command Error - Curl Error - Couldn't resolve host (6)

This error message indicates that you don't have a server selected for the account to be setup on. Check you have a default server set in Setup > Servers (denoted by an asterisk *) and that a server is selected on the account that you are trying to setup.

Hi

I already checked that I have a default server on the servers page and I've also already selected the correct server for each package on the module tab on the package settings page.

This has not fixed the problem.

David

Hi

I already checked that I have a default server on the servers page and I've also already selected the correct server for each package on the module tab on the package settings page.

This has not fixed the problem.

David

it looks like you may need to open a ticket with WHMCS and have them look at your installation as this is clearly some sort of configuration issue

Thank you everyone for your help.

I resolved this problem with the WHMCS Support team.

The way I fixed it was I was telling it to fill the active server first on the servers page and I didn't realise it at first so this has now been fixed and hosting gets set up automatically on both US and EU servers.

Kind Regards

David Hunter

Administrator & Owner

DAH5 Hosting

admin@dah5hosting.com

Thank you everyone for your help.

I resolved this problem with the WHMCS Support team.

The way I fixed it was I was telling it to fill the active server first on the servers page and I didn't realise it at first so this has now been fixed and hosting gets set up automatically on both US and EU servers.

Kind Regards

David Hunter

Administrator & Owner

DAH5 Hosting

admin@dah5hosting.com

i am glad you got it fixed. just a small simple config issue, we all do things like this sometimes and it baffles us and its just under our noses