First iPhone App (for Your Clients) with Push Notifications

I don"t agree, why have an app that a browser will do just fine.

I think it is what my clients would want. An app would make it easy for them. I too am interested in the order module. If I have 2checkout would that work?

I think you are on a great track, go for it!

FYI, I also do not use WHMCS for hosting per se. More as a consultant. If any of my clients even so much as looked at the opening screen of Cpanel they would have a heart attack :)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I should've cleared that it's not just for hosts. It's for everyone who uses WHMCS as their client/billing management software. :)

Any phone capable of running an "app" has a browser, which would give then _all_ the whmcs clientside functionality rather than a small subset of it.,,,

I think it is what my clients would want. An app would make it easy for them. I too am interested in the order module. If I have 2checkout would that work?

I think you are on a great track, go for it!

FYI, I also do not use WHMCS for hosting per se. More as a consultant. If any of my clients even so much as looked at the opening screen of Cpanel they would have a heart attack :)

Unfortunately, no because 2checkout redirects users to their website to capture payments. However, we're always looking for a way to achieve it. I shall update here once we add 2checkout to order module database.

OK, I get it. I look forward to the demo app!

Unfortunately, no because 2checkout redirects users to their website to capture payments. However, we're always looking for a way to achieve it. I shall update here once we add 2checkout to order module database.

I assume this is a native app?

IMO, I believe you're charging too much for this. While it would be cool to have a client area app, paying $1000 for it is a bit much.

As a general rule of thumb, when I am pricing out modules I build, I typically try to make my money back in dev costs after selling 10 licenses. Using those guidelines, this app would have cost over $10K to build. Even at my own personal development rate, thats over 100 hours of development.

To be honest, I think something like this would be best built on an HTML5/CSS/javascript platform. That would allow for greater compatibility between mobile devices, not to mention making it much easier for license holders to modify it to suite their needs.

Anyways, not to crap on your thread, just wanted to give me input. Good luck!

I assume this is a native app?

IMO, I believe you're charging too much for this. While it would be cool to have a client area app, paying $1000 for it is a bit much.

As a general rule of thumb, when I am pricing out modules I build, I typically try to make my money back in dev costs after selling 10 licenses. Using those guidelines, this app would have cost over $10K to build. Even at my own personal development rate, thats over 100 hours of development.

To be honest, I think something like this would be best built on an HTML5/CSS/javascript platform. That would allow for greater compatibility between mobile devices, not to mention making it much easier for license holders to modify it to suite their needs.

Anyways, not to crap on your thread, just wanted to give me input. Good luck!

Thanks. Yes, it's a native app. :)

It seems like it. They asked me to install that UID app. I sent them the details, and then they promised to deliver the new app via email with updated details. That was the 12th March. Nothing from them since, either via email or on this forum.

Doesn't inspire confidence for future professionalism/support and for this price of an app. :-(

That's nice but when you're away, you rely on mobile data networks. Apps fetches desired data only but on mobile browser you load images, JavaScripts, CSS, etc. that means more data consumption. Additionally, if somehow, you're receiving 2G signals only, you know how painful it is to load a website.

So, apps == Time saving + Cost Saving. :)

unless you need to fiddle around with the page on a daily basis, then the data cost wont really matter, as i think 999$ will give you a hell of a lot of data before it pays out ;)

plus nothing stop you from simply making a more simple mobile friendly theme for whmcs and have it jump to that, when browsed from a mobile.

its a nice App, but i think you see more $$ signs in this, then there really is.

an app in that price range, should provide something uniqe, that you cant get any other way.

for such a high amount, most users would just browse on the mobile or even remote connect to their home PC over the mobile.

We live in 2012 now ;) a mobile is a small computer.

but best of luck with it :)