Transfer secret

Hello,

Not sure if it is a bug or if it is the way it is sepose to be, but when choosing to transfer a domain, it keeps asking for a transfer secret, and maybe i'm wrong, but not all domains tld's requiere a transfer secret?

• 1 month later...

This "Transfer secret" does need fixing because:

A.

The term "Transfer secret" is confusing for customers so this needs to be changed ASAP to "EPP key"

B.

If you currently order a .co.uk transfer, the EPP key is NOT required yet the order form still asks for "Transfer secret" causing more confusion and probably costing lost orders if people cant figure it out?

Thats just my 0.02p from experience.

We should be able to enable/disable EEP requirements on a per domain basis

This "Transfer secret" does need fixing because:

A.

The term "Transfer secret" is confusing for customers so this needs to be changed ASAP to "EPP key"

B.

If you currently order a .co.uk transfer, the EPP key is NOT required yet the order form still asks for "Transfer secret" causing more confusion and probably costing lost orders if people cant figure it out?

Thats just my 0.02p from experience.

I'm with you on this one! I went through a log on domain transfer, and as one of the few hosting companies that provides more than 100 domains i can asure you all that less than 50% needs a code to transfer the domain, so yes, i would say too that we should be able to choose.

Matt

You can change it to whatever you like :P

If you currently order a .co.uk transfer, the EPP key is NOT required yet the order form

It is if the Noment member/tagholder/registartion-agent/registrar is using then new automaton templates as you have to "acccept" the domain onto your tag - WHMCS Nominet module supports this nicely :D

A per TLD per registar option, on by default, for "no epp code required" would be handy, but is do-able yourself by the smarty templates ... and it wont be long if ICANN get their way until all registries require a transfer code and "pull" transfer methods