Modify Cart Display

durangod

Hi i am using a copy of the portal template and im trying to mod the look of the initial product cart display but i cannot find which template file is for the cart.

One of the things i want to do is this.

on the shopping cart page it shows Shared Hosting as the title.

Then under that it has a link that says (Choose another category) when you click on that link it opens a small frame box and inside that box it says

Register Domain Transfer Domain View Cart

What i want to do is show that frame all the time without having to click on the (choose another category)

so i want

Register Domain Transfer Domain View Cart

to show up all the time at the top of the page rather than have to click on a link first.

Anyone know what tpl file handles the shopping cart initial view with available products all listed for selection?

• 5 months later...

So I am also still in need of help, but I think I have it narrowed down. This is the command that allows you to click on the link and open the categories:

<div align="center"><a href="#" onclick="showcats();return false;">({$LANG.cartchooseanothercategory})</a></div>

However, I have tried many different choices to make it be open all the time, I have removed it, no good. I tried onmousemove which made it appear and disappear continuously, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I also tried onload to no avail.

Thanks

Edited by richardr35

What you need to do is edit the stylesheet for the cart template you are using and remove the display: none line for the categories div.

e.g. if you were wanting to do this for the modern template, in the modern template folder edit the style.css file.

And change the following

#order-modern #categories {
   display: none;
   width: 75%;
   margin: 10px auto 0 auto;
   padding: 10px 0 10px 15px;
   background-color: #666;
   text-align: center;
   -moz-border-radius: 5px;
   -webkit-border-radius: 5px;
   -o-border-radius: 5px;
   border-radius: 5px;
}

to this:

#order-modern #categories {
   width: 75%;
   margin: 10px auto 0 auto;
   padding: 10px 0 10px 15px;
   background-color: #666;
   text-align: center;
   -moz-border-radius: 5px;
   -webkit-border-radius: 5px;
   -o-border-radius: 5px;
   border-radius: 5px;
}

After making this change, be sure and shift reload the page in order for the new style sheet to load and the categories will show by default now on every page that uses them.