Discussion: Conversion tracking problems and complete.tpl

stormy

I realize there are a number of threads about this, but most of them are concerned with Google Analytics, which I'm not using.

I'm having a lot of trouble tracking conversions properly, using a couple different systems (Clicky and Visual Website Optimizer). The WHMCS docs say this:

In WHMCS the goal url for a completed & paid order is /whmcspath/cart.php?a=complete. This is the page a user ends up on after completing checkout, and making payment for the order using any of the online real-time gateways.

However, it looks like this isn't the case every time. Most of our conversions aren't tracked and we don't understand why.

Some things that make it difficult:

- The complete.tpl URL is sometimes used when the payment hasn't been successful, but I don't know when.

- There is an {ispaid} block in this template, that will only show for successful orders. The problem is that there's no way to check the code that you put there unless you place an order and pay for it.

- There is some session logic involves that takes users to the complete.tpl page but I'm not sure exactly when/why/how.

- I think renewal orders don't end in complete.tpl (which is correct, in my opinion), but again, I'm not sure. Can someone confirm this?

I love the WHMCS cart and its customizability, but I wish the sales funnel could be easily tracked. Right now is one of those things that it's almost there but not quite.

Any pointers, hints, tips or experiences will be much appreciated. How are you guys faring?