Merged Ticket Search Bug

dmwalk

This is on version 5.0.3, but has been present in all older versions as well. Here are the directions to replicate.

1. Create a new support ticket with the word "blue" in it.

2. Create a second support ticket with the word "yellow" in it.

3. Search of all tickets correctly finds either blue or yellow.

4. Merge the two support tickets created.

5. Search for "blue" and it is found in the merged ticket.

6. Search for "yellow" and it is not found.

Search does not work correctly with merged tickets. This is a very troublesome issue for support operators and merits prompt attention.

The search function only searches the main ticket, and not the following replies (yours or the client). So, once you merge tickets, the older ticket will not appear in searches.

I asked Matt about this a while ago, he said "Unfortunately searching the full ticket isn't possible as the ticket replies are stored in a separate table to the main ticket messages themselves..."

Well, I consider that reply from Matt quite unacceptable. A state-of-the art support system should allow the admins to search the full ticket. If it takes multiple SQL queries or a recoding of the way tickets are stored, then it needs to be fixed. This is far more important than many of the other improvements that have been recently added, in my opinion. I consider this a serious bug and it has caused us a lot of problems in not being able to find older ticket replies for our web design business.