Combined Invoices - Possible Problem?

CavalloComm

Perhaps I am doing this wrong, but I have a situation where a customer went in and begun to pay all of their outstanding invoices by selecting them ALL - which in turn combined them into 1 invoice, then they left the site without finalizing checkout.

Now, they have this NEW invoice for the total amount of all the previous open, sending out emails that it's past due, ALONG with the old ones sending out Past Due emails which could be confusing to the customer.

Did I set something wrong?

I do like the fact they can pay all of their invoices in 1 swoop, but this looks like it should have canceled that new invoice perhaps during the next cron or something if they abandoned it.

Perhaps I am doing this wrong, but I have a situation where a customer went in and begun to pay all of their outstanding invoices by selecting them ALL - which in turn combined them into 1 invoice, then they left the site without finalizing checkout.

Happens a lot, just cancel the "merged" invoice (or delete it) depending on your accounting principles.

Happens a lot, just cancel the "merged" invoice (or delete it) depending on your accounting principles.

Assuming the customer advises you that this has occured, or you noticed it when reviewing the outstanding invoices

Ironically, I've done it round the other way for some customers and merged invoices together for them

Some people don't realise they can merge them together

No what I am saying is that they did merge them, but left them ALL unpaid because they could not figure out their paypal password... so it basically left that newly created invoice there. When Cron finally picked up that new one as past due, it started sending them past due notices on that one, as well as the old ones. I did deleted it, but it's a pain really.. LOL

• 8 years later...

this has happened to us a few times, I think the way this works on WHMCS is a bit silly and creates not only confusion, but requires the owner to notice this has happened and remove the duplicate invoices, if not the customer is either double paying, or confused about the situation - as so are the owners to be honest....