Add to cart and checkout process in WordPress / another site?

niravmehta

We use WordPress for the sales pages and blog and want to use WHMCS for billing / checkout. I want to use WordPress for the product info display and add to cart, (including a shopping basket within WordPress sidebar) and then transfer the user to WHMCS when they click on Checkout.

Has anyone done something like this? I have two different domains for this - main site is at domain.com whereas WHMCS is at members.domain.com.

I thought of doing AJAX requests to the cart.php page. And implemented it via a PHP proxy on the domain.com - since cross domain requests won't work. This does return the checkout page in return, but does not go beyond that.

Would love to get your feedback on how to accomplish this. Add to cart button on main site and checkout on sub domain.

TIA.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

What i did was use that free plugin for wordpress "whmcs bridge"

But i only integrated the wp theme with whmcs, not the actual billing in whmcs, as it's not recommended.

It creates a new page called whmcs which holds all the features from whmcs, inside the wp page.

Then you could use a few of the widgets for sidebar to place whmcs widgets that are included.

Actually i'm looking for a better way or trying to complete it this way, adding domains search code is not enough

coz it'll take the user out of wordpress and directly to the whmcs theme which i don't want, so that's what i'm searching for now.

Anyway good luck