How to charge sur-charge from customer ?

kikloo

Hello,

I have several payment gateways in place and when some specific is used by clients I go in loss becuase that particular payment gateway charge me $xx fees which is deducted. Hence I do not get full amount I should be getting due to which I go in loss.

How do I charge a customer when they use a specific payment gateway ? I want this charge to be bourne by the customer. Domain / Hosting industry is very competetive and I have to keep prices accordingly but if I do not charge the fee's charged to me then I will go in loss.

Hence a surcharge option must be added to all payment gateways where we can specify what fee or % will be charged to customer when they use this specific gateway.

I am suffering loss becuase there is no provision in WHMCS to charge such kind of payment.

For example I have Mail in Payment as a payment option in which client can deposit cash into any of the bank branch in which I have my bank account. But my bank charges a fee of INR 28 on each cash deposit. Hence if I am getting a domain at INR 400 and I am selling at INR 450 then I just suffered a loss of INR 28 and I just got INR 422 out of which my profit is only INR 22.

This same rule applies to PayPal, 2CO etc. Hence its my request to WHMCS that they please add Surcharge option in all payment gateways so that we can specify a % or Fee which should be charged upon customer's order.

Thanks.

The original poster did not only mention Paypal.. so can we get to their actual question? Paypal or no Paypal, there are other methods of payment where it can be extremely valid to have a surcharge.. and looking at the OP's question, he is more worried about bank fees that he wishes to pass on. Can we get off the Paypal topic please and get on with answering the question?

The original poster did not only mention Paypal.. so can we get to their actual question? Paypal or no Paypal, there are other methods of payment where it can be extremely valid to have a surcharge.. and looking at the OP's question, he is more worried about bank fees that he wishes to pass on. Can we get off the Paypal topic please and get on with answering the question?

Yes we can then, but PayPal was the first who was mentioned so I expect it is the primary payment way.

And there are also solutions that can be used quickpay.net you can set for yourself and calculate the fee payable outside WHMCS.

And I wonder still that WHMCS does not have the opportunity to be able to impose a fee on the payment form you choose to use