Beta Testers for Twitter Support Module for WHMCS

deathrequest

Hey Guys,

I was looking at some of the web hosting companies, and found out that many of them are using Twitter for handling support for their clients, e.g. @hgsupport. Its fast, easy and within reach.

So, I started building this Twitter Support Module, which basically lets your clients (infact, anyone) create support tickets in your WHMCS via Twitter. Your staff can reply to these tickets from within WHMCS, which are then posted as Twitter replies to your clients. All these tickets are logged, have statuses, can be assigned to existing support departments - virtually, they work as ordinary support tickets - but to the client, he is getting all this support via Twitter.

Currently, I am waiting for the v5.0 release to update this module to support this new release.

Meanwhile, I am requesting Beta Testers for this module. The beta will be provided on first come first serve basis for upto 20 users.

So, anyone who is interested in this beta, please send a mail to: bugs@wickeddevelopers.com and I will send a beta release on your way, when I am comfortable on what I have coded :)

Regards

Nikhil Gupta

Definitely interested in this. Any chance you can provide me a link via PM on the site? Is the source going to be open or encoded? And, of course, will it be a paid or free module?

-John

Hey Guys,

I was looking at some of the web hosting companies, and found out that many of them are using Twitter for handling support for their clients, e.g. @hgsupport. Its fast, easy and within reach.

So, I started building this Twitter Support Module, which basically lets your clients (infact, anyone) create support tickets in your WHMCS via Twitter. Your staff can reply to these tickets from within WHMCS, which are then posted as Twitter replies to your clients. All these tickets are logged, have statuses, can be assigned to existing support departments - virtually, they work as ordinary support tickets - but to the client, he is getting all this support via Twitter.

Currently, I am waiting for the v5.0 release to update this module to support this new release.

Meanwhile, I am requesting Beta Testers for this module. The beta will be provided on first come first serve basis for upto 20 users.

So, anyone who is interested in this beta, please send a mail to: bugs@wickeddevelopers.com and I will send a beta release on your way, when I am comfortable on what I have coded :)

Regards

Nikhil Gupta

• 6 months later...

Sounds like a good mod but not sure about 'lets your clients (infact, anyone) create support tickets' that can be open to abuse... perhaps the initial tweet can be checked for a corresponding client and then opened as a ticket? then everything else goes as you have indicated (ticket replies goto twitter etc) that would be a btter solution for us..