CDG Commerce / Quantum Gateway

FearlessG1

Hi all. I am new to WHMCS, switching from the bug loaded MB v5. So far i am loving how everything is laid out. seems very simple and seems to do what its supposed to without messing everything up. I am currently setting up my payment gateway but cannot find any documentation on how to do so. I have chosen cdg commerce from the list of payment gateways, and now i am not sure what info i should be using for my login id and transaction key. can anyone with this setup walk me through which login info i am supposed to use and where i get the transaction key from (step by step please). Thanks All!

Thank you for the reply. However i am still not sure what to use. I have cdg login to my merchant account, i have quantum gateway login id and password to my gateway. but am not sure how or where to generate the transaction key that whmcs is asking for.

FearlessG1,

You need to login into the CDG gateway for your account and than look you should see the info needed.

I had problems too when we first set it up.

Note at the time I figured it out I sent the info to Matt to publish or what ever he was going to do with it.

You can obtain this by going to Settings & Profile > Security > Obtain Transaction Key (CDG)

This is what I got from CDG when I asked where is the info.

The following is a message from CDG Support:

--------------------------------------------

Hi Richard,

The Transaction Key is called the RestrictKey in Quantum Gateway.

This can be found by logging into the gateway, clicking on Processing Config. It will be the 5th section on that page. You can click the Generate RestrictKey button.

Also, if you could list the billing software you are using in the bottom section of the Account Config page that would be great.

Let us know if you have further questions. Have a great day!

Kind Regards,

Kathy Brown

CDGcommerce

Topgun, that is exactly what i needed. did you check the :Check to use RestrictKey to Restrict QGWdbengine and Transparent QGWdbengine usage. button there as well or should i just leave that unchecked, press generate key, then press update? also, does your batch settlement time in quantum show you the time you have set for it? mine says 00 for hours and nothing for the rest, i can change it and press update but when i go back to that page it says 00 again. does it do that for you as well? also after i click generate key, then update, then go back to the page, there is no key listed there. is that correct as well? Thanks Topgun!

• 8 months later...

I just configured my Quantum gateway for use with CDG. I did a test transaction everything looked fine except that after entering all my information it took me to a page that was all white except a blank for the CC number and expiration date. The URL was quantum.com but this just looks a little odd. If I were a customer I would be worried. Has anybody else experienced this?