Using hidden <div>

Roger

Wondering if one of you can help me solve this.

I'm using multiple hidden <div>'s to display information in a specific spot on an html page.

Pretty simple and the execution is clean and fast. The actual function that does the hide and show is a small C function I ran across.

The <div> CSS code uses the absolute position property and left/top properties to place the data correctly on the page and z-index of 99 to place on top of all other elements. I discovered that on my monitor it works great. If I test on a flat panel wide screen. The top/left px values are not correct and the data is displayed on top of other data.

I thought that maybe using % instead of px at for the top/left would solve the problem. The result is much closer but still not right.

Any code guru's have any thoughts on this? How do I account for various screen sizes for the data to display correctly?

Thanks,

-Roger

I had tried that but the display was totally wrong. But, as I type this I'm thinking about that and realize that all I did was change the position property to relative. I didn't put it inside the elements where it needed to be... so I'll try that again.

Didn't realize my error until I read the link you provided Bear. Thanks

solution turned out to be very simple. I was really trying to complicate it.

Placing the hidden divisions inside the column elements AND removing the top/left properties altogether AND leaving the position property as absolute. Seems to work.

Still wouldn't have found it without that link to jog my noggin.