Product Group Assigned to a Client Group

SeanP

I need some custom development done to restrict a product group, and the products it contains, to a client group.

Basicially, here's how I envision it working:

I would just like to see something like a pulldown box, when adding a new product group, that would allow me to select a client group. If no client group is set, everyone can see the product group and it's products. If a client group is set, only that client group can see the product group and the products it contains. When a client clicks the "Order" link, they should not be able to see the products groups they are not assigned to. Also, we need to make sure someone can't guess the links and go to a product or product group they are not assigned to, by going directly to the URL.

Is this possible? I contacted WHMCS for custom development work, but they said they were tied up working on a new release and couldn't accept my custom job at this time.

Thanks,

Sean

Actually, I was able to code it myself, within the order templates, using php tags and direct database queries. It is now matching the client group name to the product group name. As long as the names match, the clients can only see their products in their product group.

Sean

• 4 months later...