Transfer Secret?

Hi all

This may be a bit of a numpty question but what on earth is "Transfer Secret" which appears on the domain transfer page of WHMCS. Is it really needed and if not how do I turn it off?

Also how do I customise the billing page and change things from US to UK (I.e. Zip should be PostCode)

Thanks for any help

the "Transfer secret" is needed to transfer the domain , your customer must obtain the "transfer secret" from there current registrar if they want to transfer it to you.

US > UK go to :

General configuration > localisation

To edit the look of your whmcs , have a look at the folder "templates"

Thanks for the replies guys

I already have the localisation set to United Kingdom and the default language as English. Where in WHM admin do I select the lang folder and English.txt?

On the "Transfer Secret" bit - is this really needed or can I safely comment it out in the template without causing huge problems? If I cannot comment it out can anyone suggest a more descriptive phrase and do I edit the english.txt file to change it in the template?

Sorry if these are a bit obvious but I am still fumbling arounf the system.

Thanks for the replies guys

I already have the localisation set to United Kingdom and the default language as English. Where in WHM admin do I select the lang folder and English.txt?

On the "Transfer Secret" bit - is this really needed or can I safely comment it out in the template without causing huge problems? If I cannot comment it out can anyone suggest a more descriptive phrase and do I edit the english.txt file to change it in the template?

Sorry if these are a bit obvious but I am still fumbling arounf the system.

if you are going to allow people to transfer there domain to you from other registrar then YES, IT IS NEEDED.

without this "transfer secret" "transfer phrase" the domain transfer will fail.

yes you can change it to whatever you like from the language file english.txt

OK I am all confused now. If not all domains use a Transfer Secret and some use email confirmation then would it be easier to switch off the Transfer Secret bit? If so which template do I edit and can I just comment it out without causing too many problems?

Thanks for your help - really do appreciate it.

would it be easier to switch off the Transfer Secret bit

Without the EPP transfer code you wont be able to transfer domains, so turning it off would be pointless, you may as well turn off transfers completely :D

Many extensions use the "secret code" method - com, org, net, biz, info for example.