Custom Fraud Module?

rlawley

Hi,

I'm just wondering if it's possible to write a custom fraud module for WHMCS? We've got one we've already developed for a bespoke system which has worked quite well, and we'd like to leverage this, but I've not seen any hooks which look like they'd be appropriate.

Regards,

Richard

• 1 month later...
This is a couple months old, but I will respond anyway. What features would the fraud module include? I asked Matt a few years ago, and he said that a fraud module could be created, but that he would need to put together a list of hooks to use.

I'm not 100% sure hooks are the way you'd need to go to create a fraud module - the existing maxmind/varilogic etc fraud modules seem to have special handling. Ideally I'd like to see a published interface for writing a fraud module, which could then be selected as the activate module. This way, the module could just make use of the existing functionality for having orders marked as fraudulent/pending/accepted.

• 1 month later...

If a hooks is added after existing fraud check modules run it will suffice since you can set the order as fraud by calling "fraudorder" via inter API.

Unfortunately hook "AfterShoppingCartCheckout" gets called before MaxMind and MaxMind sets the order back as Pending after my hooks sets it as fraud.

And ShoppingCartCheckoutCompletePage never gets called in our case since we have that page disabled from WHMCS settings.

Anyhow, another vote to implement this. Should take a few minutes. Matt? :)

• 10 months later...

Any news on this?

It seems mighty suspicious that we aren't allowed to create our own fraud modules and we are locked in to the providers that are chosen by WHMCS.

We can only assume that there is some affiliate payout being made to WHMCS by the 'approved' fraud inspection services.

We use Maxmind, but with some fraudsters it's not enough and we need to implement custom code to identify these guys!

Please open this API up! :(

• 3 weeks later...