Question - Creating Invoices

cirrus

Using Version 4.5.2

Hi I have two questions which I am finding really difficult to get my head around and wondering if someone can help me

Question 1 - I want to create all client first orders manually, 1 month in advance, I am using the Add new order function as suggested in the Documentation, however I need the orders to have the following ie:

Invoice Date: 09/01/2011 (this is no problem it created automatically)

Due Date: 09/28/2011

Period Covered (10/01/2011 - 10/30/2011)

When I create the order I cannot find anywhere to add/change the Due Date and Period Covered details, so in turn I create the order then change the Due Date and the Period Covered Dates manually (in options)

My question is will these manual changes I made remain in future recurring invoices

Just trying to get my head around the logistics of how this works correctly

Question 2 - In the automation settings under the Billing settings

Invoice Generation - I have set to 27 days as I want all payments due on the 28th of each month whats confusing for me is when I create an order the the Due date is always on the date the order is created unless manually changed so how would I create and invoice that sets the payment date to the 28th of each month. Or would changing this manually the first time create future recurring invoices with payment date on the 28th of the following month and so on

for question 1 , i dont know if there is a faster way, but you could try to just create the order and remove the mark to generate an invoice.

Then from the front page, choose Generate Due invoices and click No to sending out emails.

Then go in on the client and open the invoice and set what you need to set and then sent out the email after that.

thats what i could just see when i tried, so i hope its any help :) atleast till a faster solution comes around.

regarding question 2, then i would actually like to know that to, cause im fighting with the same issue.

• WHMCS Support Manager

2. It sounds like you want to use the prorata feature and set the prorata date to the 28th (under the product's Pricing tab): http://docs.whmcs.com/Products_and_Services#Prorata_Billing

The initial order will be prorated to the 28th of the month and renewals will then be due on the 28th of each month going forward.

Hi John thanks for your response, I too though the Prorata Billing would answer my question unfortunately it didn't however I created another thread on something that happened in my WHMCS which partly relates to my question here, since then after much logistical thinking it sounds like I may have answered my own question in Q2 of this thread.

Under Clients > Products Services the "Next Due Date" seems to be not the date the next invoice will be created as I believed it to be but infact the next "Due Payment Date".

By setting the next due payment date to 10/28/2011 and setting the number of days in Set Up > Automation Settings > Invoice Generation to 27 days before the due payment date to generate invoices I believe that the next lot of recurring invoices will go out on the 1st of the month (10/01/2011).

Now all I need is for someone to clarify for me that this is correct.