Product Custom Field in Invoice Created Email Template

cirrus

Hi

I have two types of invoices to create each month ... Hosting Invoice and Domain Renewal Invoice.

I need to define what the invoice relates to, being an AWBS convert I had the idea that WHMCS might have an option to have two "Invoice Created" email templates (one for Hosting and one for Domain Renewals) however by the looks of thing this is not possible.

I want my Invoice Created email template to some how define what the invoice relates to, I came accross one idea that I could create a Custom Feild in the Products and Services and add the string {$service_custom_fields.0} into my email message which I have done and added the required information into the Products/Services section in the Client Profile

I then ran a test by creating an order and sent the invoice using the "Send Invoice Created" option however the Custom Product field string did not show as I thought it might.

Would anyone know if my idea is actually possible I understood from the WHMCS documentation that it was if so what I could be doing wrong in the string for the information not to appear in the Invoice Created email template.

One other question does the Custom Feild string work in the Subject field of the "Invoice Created" email template

Apreciate any help or suggestions anyone can give.

• WHMCS Support Manager

{$service_custom_field_fieldname} is the way to do it in WHMCS currently.

fieldname is the name of the custom field all in lowercase and with no spaces. Eg: IP Address would be {$service_custom_field_ipaddress}

However I don't believe they can be used in Invoice emails.