Mobile Client Frontend (v1.0)

After months of work, I finally feel confident that I have a (nearly) fully functional front end mobile interface for users that want to order products via their mobile device.

To see it in action, please point your Android or Iphone mobile devices to the following address:

http://www.the-ratpack.com

The website automatically detects the browser type and forwards to a mobile template. Normal users remain at the desktop site.

Things to do:

• Add link to allow users to go back to main page from mobile page
  • Center menu items
  • center entire page
  • Finish client area adaptation for mobile

Please post any requests you would like added.

Known Issues:

1. Users aren't able to select if they want to go back to the full website

2. You tell me :)

Key Notes:

1. Built on standard smarty template like all WHMCS templates

2. Uses smarty template browser checks to determine if the browser is mobile.

3. Have to use this custom ordering template even for non-mobile site (Working to fix this in future versions)

The modified Ordering Template is nothing but the Web20cart.

Doesn't work on a N8?

Craig123. Try going to http://www.the-ratpack.com with your N8 and tell me if it works. I found the browser agent string on the internet. It should be mobile for you now. As for functionality, I'm not sure how it will work. if the original WHMCS site worked on your phone though, It will work in the mobile platform.. Also, with the patch I made, all Nokia phones that support web browsing should work.. not just the N8.

Thanks,

Chris