Add New Order: Domain from "Product/Service" is not copied to "Domain Registration"

Hello.

When I place a new order, I used to copy&paste the domain name to the "Product/Service" field. Prior 4.5, I just had to click on "Registration" and "Submit Order" and was done.

Now I have to paste the domain name twice, in the "Product/Service" field AND the "Domain Registration" box.

The domain is only copied automatically, if you *type* it in, which is very annoying.

• WHMCS CEO

Can anyone else reproduce this? As I type a value in the product/service domain field it is automatically replicated into the domain registration domain field also. Might be a local javascript issue or compatability problem.

Matt

Can anyone else reproduce this? As I type a value in the product/service domain field it is automatically replicated into the domain registration domain field also.

Yes, that's what I said. But if you copy&paste it in the product/service domain field, it is not replicated.

Mine works when I use copy and paste (using FF 4, and the simple theme)

I tried in Opera as well, does not work either.

That's what I always did since I use WHCMS: I copy the domain name from the order with CTRL-C and I paste it to the Product/Service's Domain field by clicking on the middle mouse button (which equals to right mouse button & Paste) . Then I click on Registration Type (X) Registration, but now the field remains empty.

Once again, if I type the domain name, it's working fine, everything gets replicated. So it can't be a local JS problem, but a problem with the JS code itself, which only recognizes key strokes, but not mouse-clicks.

IMHO the easiest way to fix this is to insert a short routine after clicking Submit Order, like

if $register_domain="";

$register_domain=$service_domain;

fi

(I know this code would not work, but I assume you know what I mean)

This would bring back the same behavior as in 4.4 without messing around with the JS code.

Edited by tusker
typo