How Many Help Vampires?

nitro

How many help vampires do you think the WHMCS forum is harbouring right now?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How many help vampires do you think the WHMCS forum is harbouring right now?

• none
    • 1 - 2
    • 6 - 15
    • 16 +

I just came across this article on another forum, it made me laugh and I figured it could be amusing to others here:

Help Vampires are found in every public online community, from those nearest to our hearts to those furthest from our principles.

Instead of consuming of ill-gotten hemoglobin, these vampires suck the very life and energy out of people. By nature they feed on generous individuals who tend towards helping others, and leave their victims exhausted, bitter and dispirited.

They're not evil creatures, Help Vampires. They act only on their blind instinct to feed, driven by base urges like most living things. Often even they themselves are not aware of their Help Vampire status, so leave your stakes at home.

Interesting article. I think we've all been "Help-Vampires" at some point in our technical careers/hobbies.

It's not the "Help-Vampires" that are bothersome.

It's the self-appointed "Vampire Killers" that carry the stakes of discouragement intended for the new folks that are scary.

• 1 month later...