Licensing Addon Consulting

Is there anyone here with experience with the Licensing Addon and an understanding of C# and client side? I really could use a bit of assistance. I can pay you for your time. My developer has been spinning her wheels for teh past weeks without any progress.

We want to use the licensing module to sell a Windows desktop app. We plan to use other values instead of Domain and IP (email and a computer hardware number). But so far, even when trying to use the sample PHP code, we couldn't get it to talk to WHMCS and generate licenses... let alone do it in C# on the client machine.

Part of the challenge is the lack of PHP experience on our side. Having said that, the documentation provided is too skimpy, even for people with a reasonable level of PHP experience.

Help please, could you?

You shouldn't need to have any PHP knowledge to get the license verification going.

1) You need to be able to hit your WHMCS URL from your C# app and pass along the license key/local key information

2) Once you got the return string, just copy and recode the functions used in the example given by WHMCS to c#.

That should be it.

My C# developer has spent over 2 weeks trying to get this work and was not able. She enlisted the help of some friends with PHP experience and was not able to get it working even with only PHP. So now I need to find someone willing and able to help with this.

I am not sure if there is maybe a simple configuration aspect we missed in the WHMCS dashboard and things are not set up correctly on the back end or if there is some other implementation issue.

She posted questions below in the forums but she received no reply:

while converting WHMCS PHP api to c#.net i m facing some issue like

1. what is replacement of php time() function in c#.net

2. what is replacement of php mt_rand(1000000000,9999999999) function in c#.net

3. what is replacement of php $_SERVER['SERVER_ADDR'] in c#.net windows application.

4. how we convert php function_exists("curl_exec") to c#.net windows application.

5. how we convert php curl_init() to c#.net windows application.

6. what if equivalent of unserialize($strvar) in c#.net windows application.

Do you have a suggestion on best way to move forward on this?

Thanks!

She posted questions below in the forums but she received no reply:

while converting WHMCS PHP api to c#.net i m facing some issue like

1. what is replacement of php time() function in c#.net

2. what is replacement of php mt_rand(1000000000,9999999999) function in c#.net

3. what is replacement of php $_SERVER['SERVER_ADDR'] in c#.net windows application.

4. how we convert php function_exists("curl_exec") to c#.net windows application.

5. how we convert php curl_init() to c#.net windows application.

6. what if equivalent of unserialize($strvar) in c#.net windows application.

Do you have a suggestion on best way to move forward on this?

Thanks!

If your "developer for c#" need to ask those questions. Then perhaps you need to find another developer ?

Tell her to do some research, nobody is going to spoon feed her. RTFM

• 7 years later...