The Red Network Hosting Company

rn_468.gif

http://www.therednetwork.com

This the web reseller hosting that i have created, managed, etc. There are still some projects in the background of the website which end users do not see. Such as upcoming DNS tools, ping, tracert, port all PHP-based, also search engine submission for search engines, php based.

Let me get your comments, questions, suggestions! I am open to new ideas and need YOUR help!

If anybody is interested in banner/click exchange, i would be more than happy to try to exchange some traffic.

Check out the modified server status ;) Oh yah! New upgrade for that today!

http://www.therednetwork.com

That server status script looks great, but IMHO may be the sort of thing that would be better kept for internal use or authorised clients? It seems like quite a lot of information to be offering up to the general public about your server.

Personally I like the nice simple dots for my clients and the general public :)

most of what that script provides can be picked up with very simple tools. you can do OS fingerprinting, which will pick up what os, etc

you can get version info via basic http headers example

"Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.4.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.7a"

Ports via a simple port scanner.....

the only thing that isnt really public is uptime and disk space.

so i figured most of the info can be picked up else where very simply. i think it will serve as a marketing tool more than anything since you will see the server uptime

• 3 months later...

I'm not here to advertise my product, but..

The script also alerts if ports are down, alerts when load is above a point set in the admin panel.

It monitors bandwidth usage in and out as well as calculating average transfer rates.

You can view just about any log on the server through the admin interface.

It also graphs load, memory and swap as well as the bandwidth data.

It even gets apache clients process ID's and matches them up with processes to find the load and memory used by that single apache client currently processing a request, making it easier to find clients abusing the server.

I'm only highlighting a few of the features of the script,

By your post is sounds like you did not look any further than the client area.

The icons for Tools and Community Forums look like you took them from someone else's website, and used a tool to just clear out the background. They're very choppy.

Otherwise the overall design is decent; It's a little cramped for my style, but I do like how you integrated Status2k. I have that running for my servers, and never considered doing that.. So thanks for the idea ;)

• 3 weeks later...