Making the cart display the package name

nay27uk

Is there any smarty tag I can put into my new templat so when a client clicks ORDER NOW button and gets directed to the direct link for the package it will display the package name somwhere, how it works at the moment is that the customer gets directed and there is no description of the package.

For example at the moment I am using the portal template on WHMCS a user on my site clicks to perchase the bronze package, the link from the site is the direct link given to me via the WHMCS admin area, only problem is when the customer gets to the direct link on WHMCS ther is no description of what they are signing up to

If the product requires a domain, open "configureproductdomain.tpl" (mine is using the "cart" order form). The tag to add would be:

{$productinfo.name}

As an example, take the original:

<p align="center" class="cartheading">{$LANG.cartproductconfig}</p>

And add in that var:

<p align="center" class="cartheading">{$LANG.cartproductconfig}: {$productinfo.name}</p>

The header above the domain choices will now say: "Product Configuration: Your Plan Name".

That should get you started.

thanks bear that worked perfectly although I had to change it to {$productinfo.description} but thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

By the way my cart is using the default template main WHMCS is using portal for now

You asked for this: "it will display the package name somwhere"

The code I gave should do that. The description would give the package details from that field in the product setup. ;)

Yeah thats what I wanted mate.

You see I have 8 packages for two diferent kinds of servers and platforms.

For example Cloud Hosting and OpenVZ Hosting.

Packages across all are named Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum, with descriptions acording to the kind of control pannel the user gets.

So if a user chose Bronze Hosting on Cloud the thing reads Cloud hosting with a description of Bronze Hosting Plesk. Put this all together and you have "Cloud Hosting - Bronze hosting Plesk" so in my situation just the "Bronze Hosting Plesk" is fine to let the client know what one they are purchasing.

Edited by nay27uk