New Namesilo Registrar Module

cbingham

In case anyone is interested I just finished work on a registrar module for NameSilo. I worked with the registrar directly to test it and they have made it available on their site at http://www.namesilo.com/domain_tools.php (scroll to the bottom). It is very easy to install and only takes a couple of minutes.

The module has been submitted to WHMCS for inclusion in their next release so barring any major issues I am assume it will be.

If any one has any questions about it you can contact me directly (christian.bingham (at) bingham-magee.com) or through the forums.

Christian Bingham

WappyZappy Internet Services

• 11 months later...
Thanks for this.....great job.

In the admin area of whmcs, everything works great. However in the client area, whenever I try to make any changes or view the nameservers etc, I get an error message:

No API Key Specified

The api key is correct (and IP address in namesilo) is correct - have tried it with no ip address as well. Very strange it works in admin area, but not client area. Any ideas?

Thanks

Si

P.S. I should also have said, I've email debugging on which passes back Response Code 300 which on namesilo ref sheets shows as: 300: Successful API operation

Edited by Si

Have got namesilo support involved here on this. They're receiving the debug emails and seeing the responses are all 300 (which is good - no errors). But I can't change nameservers in the client area and can't set domain lock/unlock. Nameservers don't show (in any whmcs templates....even the portal and default templates) so this is not a templating issue.

Any response from the app developer would be appreciated.

Had some great support from namesilo staff tonight - issue resolved.

There needs to be a couple of lines hard coding customisation done on the namesilo.php download file to work properly. For some reason, at the minute, the api key input into the setup in whmcs admin is not being passed correctly - so it needs to be hard coded into the file.

Everything working sweet now.