WHMCS File Checker

tsiedsma

If you are like me, you make changes to the files installed by WHMCS. Everything from * to some of the icons and images used by WHMCS. I can't count how many times I removed files from the update so it wouldn't overwrite my files and still found out later I forgot to replace my invoice logo or something like that.

To help with performing upgrades to WHMCS, I have developed a tool that compares all of the files in the WHMCS directory to a file and folder structure including MD5 hash for each file included with versions 4.2.1 to 4.4.2. Future WHMCS versions will be added and updates released.

What this means is you can run this utility and it will generated an expandable tree of your WHMCS install with changed files highlighted in RED, non-WHMCS files highlighted in GREEN and unchanged files are black.

It has been tested and confirmed to work on Windows and Linux

This module is free, 2 files are encoded, one to protect proprietary functions, the other to ensure the large database table creation scripts don't get messed up. The core of the module is unencoded.

If you have any issues, either submit a ticket at lithiumhosting.com, or post in this thread. Sometimes other users can help out with simple issues.

Downloading of this module requires registration. I hope you enjoy it!

Download Here

lh_wfc_1.jpg

lh_wfc_2.jpg

I am running v4.4.2 via the incremental upgrade from v4.4.1. All but two files in the "includes/api" folder are red. However, I have not edited them. All of the files within the "modules/admin/bulk_pricing_updater", "modules/admin/ip_monitor", "modules/fraud/telesign", "modules/fraud/verilogix_fraudcall", "pipe" folders and "modules/fraud/index.php", "modules/gateways/myideal/StatReq.php", "modules/gateways/myideal/ThinMPI.php", "modules/gateways/myideal/TransReq.php", "modules/gateways/myideal/myideal_lib.php" are all red, but I have not edited them.

That works nicely. I will use this immediately.

Some ideas for version 1.1:

1 - Highlight folders that have changed files so that they are easier to find.

2 - Have an expand option to show all directories expanded.

3 - Have the option to view only the changed/non-whmcs files.

That works nicely. I will use this immediately.

Some ideas for version 1.1:

1 - Highlight folders that have changed files so that they are easier to find.

2 - Have an expand option to show all directories expanded.

3 - Have the option to view only the changed/non-whmcs files.

Thank you for your feedback and recommendations.

I am running v4.4.2 via the incremental upgrade from v4.4.1. All but two files in the "includes/api" folder are red. However, I have not edited them. All of the files within the "modules/admin/bulk_pricing_updater", "modules/admin/ip_monitor", "modules/fraud/telesign", "modules/fraud/verilogix_fraudcall", "pipe" folders and "modules/fraud/index.php", "modules/gateways/myideal/StatReq.php", "modules/gateways/myideal/ThinMPI.php", "modules/gateways/myideal/TransReq.php", "modules/gateways/myideal/myideal_lib.php" are all red, but I have not edited them.

This is likely because you performed the incremental instead of the full 4.4.2. WHMCS doesn't do this very often. The files that the comparison is based on is the full install of 4.4.2. If you copy those files to your WHMCS folder from the Full 4.4.2 file, you won't see the Red wording.

If you open the files that are marked as changed, you should see the copyright is different than that of the same file from 4.4.2 full. That is enough to make the MD5 different and cause it to show as red.

Edit: It may also have to do with the fact that some of your files are from 4.4.1 since the incremental did not update or replace some of them. In the 4.4.2 version, all files regardless of change are re-encoded by WHMCS and will show as different if you only installed the incremental update.

Sorry if that is confusing, it is late and I wanted to address this.

Edited by tsiedsma

• 9 months later...
Sometimes WHMCS removes files from new releases. There are many reasons people might find this useful, if you don't, then don't use it. Simple!

Hi,

Sorry I didn't mean to imply that your tool wasn't useful, I'm sure it certainly is. I just wasn't sure what files people were modifying, I just wanted to understand in which cases it was useful. :)

I didn't mean to sound defensive... I designed it so I could see what files in my existing installation weren't actually part of the current release of WHMCS. This includes 3rd party addons, my own files and images that I've added. After years of using WHMCS, its easy to accumulate old files.