Not autorizhed to see pm messages

tubadc

The restrictions are in place because of the huge amount of spam that occurs if we don't. Since we can't have it both ways, the restriction needs to be there for all new members. Sorry about that.

Would you really not buy because you couldn't view PMs right away?

I should add that support is not conducted nor provided via PM on this forum, but through the actual WHMCS helpdesk. You can find it by clicking that large "support" link up there at the top of the page, or by using this link: http://support.whmcs.com/

• 2 weeks later...

hmmn. I just got hit by the not authorised to view PMs issue. I can understand not being able to post htt p:// type links before 15, even not being able to send PMs, but I'm a bit mystified as to why I can't view PMs before my 15th 'birthday'

what about the WHMCS mods / staff unlocking these features in the forums if / when a user makes a purchase? or is that not possible?

ps. to whoever PM'd me - I'll get back to you in a few days ;)

what about the WHMCS mods / staff unlocking these features in the forums if / when a user makes a purchase? or is that not possible?
Unfortunately, the restriction is an all or nothing proposition and it can't be done for individual members. I can't think of any pressing need to post an image that either can't wait or be posted as an "unlinked" link (upload the image elsewhere and post the link minus the "http://www" here).

Can you say what's so important about being able to post it here?

Can you say what's so important about being able to post it here?

Nothing really, I guess I'm just a bit of a perfectionist and I like my images to be linked inline. I could post the image as a separate link but that would be ugly / require copy paste by users to view it.

The image is just a graphical example for a suggestion I was going to make.

Not to worry though 'cos I'm close to 15 already ;)