Key Seller - Resell Product Keys With Ease, Search & Track Them

Hi,

I'm releasing another WHMCS Module today, written to the new 4.4.1 Module Specification. It came from a need of one of my customers who wanted a simple way to resell product keys, without the hassle of tracking & issuing them.

THE PROBLEM

You buy keys from a software vendor in bulk, you know how stressful & time consuming it can be to issue those to clients, per order, per email... It's a long process which is highly susceptible to human error.

You sell keys as products on your WHMCS install. The customer orders them, you then send them the key manually once they have paid & passed fraud checks. You mark the key as issued, done. Well, that's if nothing goes wrong. You may issue the same key twice on accident, issued before they've paid, send the wrong email, all sorts could go wrong.

THE SOLUTION

A Key Seller... This module will allow you to bulk import your product keys into the system, into sepperate groups. Once in the 'pool' of keys to be issued, they can be issued instantly to customers on order.

You assign the product to a group in the product configuration of WHMCS. Choose when you want the key to be sent, on manual aproval, after payment etc. These are all standard WHMCS settings.

Once the key is issued, it cannot be issued again, unless revoked from the customer. The key is stored in WHMCS tables, so it can be searched for using the Live Search function of WHMCS. The key is assigned to the client, so it can be used in email templates, so the key can be sent to the customer as soon as they purchase it.

If there are no keys available in a group (Out of stock) then the service create will let you know, and won't send the email to the customer until there are keys available for that group.

It has a very easy to use admin interface, keys are sorted by groups & whether or not they are issued or not. You can go to the service management of WHMCS directly from the module and the same from service management to the Key Manager. You can view a clients profile too, with one click. Client names are displayed next to the key in the manager window for easy management.

It can accept any special characters you throw at it, making it ideal for a multitude product keys.

Bundling Two Keys Into One Email / Product

The software vendor you use may have the option to sell two pieces of software, with two keys, as one product, a bundle, with a discount. These keys should be sent in the same email to the customer, for a professional image.

Key Seller is able to do this for you, with as many keys in one email as you want. They will be given different mergefield names in the email template, so you can place them where ever you wish in the email to the customer.

As with all my modules, it comes with unlimited support, free updates, the peace of mind that it is witten well & written to withstand the fast development speed of WHMCS.

The order link is: https://b-digital.biz/members/cart.php?a=add&pid=57

Best Regards,

Josh

Screen shot 2010-12-21 at 18.04.45.jpg

Screen shot 2010-12-21 at 18.05.57.jpg

Screen shot 2010-12-21 at 18.06.10.png

Screen shot 2010-12-21 at 18.06.19.jpg

Screen shot 2010-12-21 at 18.06.47.png

Screen shot 2010-12-21 at 18.07.12.png

Very nice, This looks like based off another module and they used "Kaspersky" for a demo, but didn't have as many features...

Quick question, How do you go about getting those mass keys to resell?

If you know how here's an idea;

Create a eBook and sell that as well...Unless it's included or if you're just using those as examples.

Thanks. :)

For the demo, I merely made up keys off the top of my head to show the power of the system.

To get keys in mass or any ammount, you'll need to go to your reseller, or contact the software vendor themselves.

That's a thought, an eBook on how to resell software licenses... you might be onto something there!

Regards,

Josh

Hi to you all!

I have used this fabulous addon for some days now and I am very excited every time a client orders a licensekey. So easy to use and just sit back in my chair with a big smile on my face. The system of this addon does all the rest! :lol:

Using WHMCS as being a reseller for a company that sells license keys makes your life very easy! I can recommend it everyone!

Regards,

Ed

Edited by cuevision
Spelling not correct

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The licensing module that WHMCS sell is completely different. The WHMCS one will generate keys and issue them to customers, where as Key Seller will issue keys to customers that you have already entered into the database.

For example:

If you buy software product keys in bulk and sell them online, this will work for you, it will send keys out one by one and alert you if you run out of a certain type of key.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
@kunc86 - You can re-issue your key from the client area at any time.
The publisher provides us with a two part key. A random user ID & a random password to unlock the ebook. Anyone can download a locked eBook and see a few pages of it.

How would we use your software to distribute the pair? Here's an example of what we use in a flat file:

"alphanumeric","random-numbers"

The first is varchar[12] and the second is int[12] and when the order status is paid, an osCommerce order update email is sent out telling them the user id and password to unlock the ebook.

@Inetbiz

Sure, that's possible.

If you imported them into Key Seller after you have stripped them of the quotes (") and leave the comma in between them.

You can then issue keys to users & they can be split using Smarty in the email & your client area into two variables so you can say:

1234,ABC will result in:

User ID: 1234

Password: ABC

I'm happy to give the code to do this via a ticket, I know I have other users who use this functionality - very simple & effective.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Bundling Two Keys Into One Email / Product

HOW is this working !? There is no better explanation for this!

I am selling keys in 1 - 5 - 10 - 20 - 50 -100 packages,

at the moment I created categories for each pack and add only a few keys to it, cause of the LOOONG reloading time always.

My site layout gets broken when a line with 100 keys (each key 13 characters) is displayed ;)

I have 1000´s of keys !!! the loading time is terrible, how to GROUP them that the systen not need to reload them always !

Thanks for all help

Andy ;P

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Sorry, I open many tickets but not get response, so I will try it her ;P

I like this addon very much, but there are some issues.

WHERE TO ENTER: "alphanumeric","random-numbers" This sounds great, I htink I will need it !!

BUNDLING KEYs: HOW TO DO ????? Description is very rare !

- NEXT ISSUE with this Addon, it not ckeck for double entries !! you can add any key double, twice........... 100s of the same ! ( with serial numbers or unique numbers this is terrible !)

- When a customer orders 5 keys he will receive 5 EMAIL !! That´s not the problem BUT when he order 100 or more ......

- I added 10.000 keys (i need it for more then 100.000) and the site loading time went terrible, could go and drink a coffee ;)

and I don´t know if this can be fixed by key seller or WHMCS, the prices are different by how many keys you will buy, so if there would be something to setup discounts for batches of keys - WOULD BE A NICE FEATURE too ;))

Thank you so much for this addon, but I hope you will understand I really need this issues fixed

Andy ;P

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi! I've got an SaaS client software that we bill the subscription for and use WHMCS. Trying to find a good way to set up licensing checks for our software. I bought the WHMCS Licensing Addon but their documentation is horrible and I really dont understand how we can do this.

For example, we sell software that has it's data on a remote SQL server. Access to that data is the subscription part, so we are looking for a way to issue a username, password and license number that the client software can then check to see if the subscription is valid.

Any thoughts?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...